Helium (carbon) backup?

patstar5

May 15, 2012
Visit site
Does helium work with moto x? On google play they say it doesn't. Have an s4 and I am deciding between the moto x+1, oneplus one, and lg g3. If I can't backup my apps and put them on moto x, then I will choose one of the other two. So anyone got app data from helium to work on moto x?

Posted via Android Central App

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Does helium work with moto x? On google play they say it doesn't. Have an s4 and I am deciding between the moto x+1, oneplus one, and lg g3. If I can't backup my apps and put them on moto x, then I will choose one of the other two. So anyone got app data from helium to work on moto x?

As I recall, they have an issue with moto devices. What data are you trying to backup? I know there are some other apps that do this, and depending on the data, it may already be saved on the app server.

4runner

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I've been looking for an answer to this question as well. Some say it works, some say it doesn't. But I have a new Moto X coming (for free from Motorola!) after cracking the screen on my original one. I'll be trying it out and keeping my fingers crossed.

Last edited:

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
It has worked for me without any issues on my Moto X. I am using the One M8 right now and I just used Helium to transfer some data without any issue at all. Prior to that I moved data from another phone to the Moto X using Helium.

Pollster

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I tried my dangdest. The place it hung up for me was that in order to use Helium on a non-rooted device, you have to turn it on via PC software. The PC software installed just fine. My PC installed drivers for the Moto X fine, I had it set to USB debugging just as instructed, but the PC software just would not see the phone.

I've read more than one report of it working on the Moto X, but am guessing that experiences like mine are common enough that the app is deemed not ready for Moto X.

anon(8082935)

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
It works for me minus a few apps like Temple Run. Make sure you download the Motorola Device Manager to get the drivers for your PC. For some reason the ones that are automatically installed seem inadequate.

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site

Just wondering how you are deciding between those phones when the Moto X+1 hasn't been released yet nor have its specs been released.

sixty_four

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Just wondering how you are deciding between those phones when the Moto X+1 hasn't been released yet nor have its specs been released.

It sounds like he's trying to eliminate potential candidates based on whether or not they support features that he wants. I do the same thing too.

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
It sounds like he's trying to eliminate potential candidates based on whether or not they support features that he wants. I do the same thing too.
Maybe it's just me but I've never considered an unreleased product to be a potential candidate for anything. Specs always seem to change from the projected version when it comes to release day.

sixty_four

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
Maybe it's just me but I've never considered an unreleased product to be a potential candidate for anything. Specs always seem to change from the projected version when it comes to release day.

I would bet it's not just you. But different people think differently. Neat, huh?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87