hotspot paused during phone call

broadwayblues

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Sorry if this is posted elsewhere. If you rely on your hotspot to maintain a constant connection to the internet then you might want to be aware that the hotspot now pauses during phone calls.

I have some online quizzes and coursework will kick me out of my session (and give me a zero) if the session is interrupted. This is something I wish I knew before the update.

Just wanted to pass that along. Not sure if there is a workaround or not.

Posted via the Android Central App

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Anyone else able to confirm that simultaneous data streams no longer work in Lollipop? I moved my sim to another phone.

Dual data and good battery life were the best things about the X 2013.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else able to confirm that simultaneous data streams no longer work in Lollipop? I moved my sim to another phone.

Dual data and good battery life were the best things about the X 2013.

Just this morning I was on the phone and had to look up an address for the person I was talking to. So while I was talking to them I launched Google Maps and looked up the address. I also copied and pasted the address into a text message while I was talking to them and sent the text message and it sent while I was still on the phone and they received it also.. I'm on Verizon and I have the lollipop update.

Posted via Android Central App from a beautiful Ebony backed Original Moto X or the amazing Nexus 10

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Just this morning I was on the phone and had to look up an address for the person I was talking to. So while I was talking to them I launched Google Maps and looked up the address. I also copied and pasted the address into a text message while I was talking to them and sent the text message and it sent while I was still on the phone and they received it also.. I'm on Verizon and I have the lollipop update.

Posted via Android Central App from a beautiful Ebony backed Original Moto X or the amazing Nexus 10
So, maybe it's just the hotspot that's affected?

Or, maybe OP was in an area with a weak signal?

broadwayblues

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
I don't know why this didn't occur to me earlier, but I decided to call my phone using the hotspot. Long story short, I don't see any issues with the hotspot while the phone is making a call. Bleh, sorry.