Leaving the Moto x

sbmoore1

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
I will be returning my Moto x 2nd generation. I'm still in my 2 week trial with verizon and my x has been freezing and restarting. I've tried factory reseting but nothing cures the freezing. I think it has something to do with ART runtime. I switched back to dalivk and it's been some what better. I will be picking up a droid turbo on tomorrow.

Anyone else running ART having freezing/restarting problems?

Posted via the Android Central App

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I use ART exclusively and never had issues with it with the 2013 or 2014 version. But you have to understand ART is not final for KitKat, it will be for Android 5. It could be some apps you are using that causes that.

I tried ART mode on the LG G3, Vista and G Pad 7, they all had issues with rebooting and freezing and had to switch back to Dalvik, but it was because they had custom UI and many apps incompatible with ART.

Getting the Turbo is a good choice imo.

itic

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Had the same issue with a radio station app "KCRW" and 4.4.4 In the end i just started using the tunein app. It's not the OS it's the app.

delrey1900

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Sorry to hear your issues. It is unfortunate as I have been using ART since the beginning and with no issues. Even my OG X ran well with ART. I hope you like the Turbo!

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I had an issue with ART and the amazon app but nothing else you reported.

I returned mine for low earpiece volume and I also really wanted 64GB, so was going to order the Nexus 6. I tried yesterday and that debacle irritated me so I bought another OPO tonight to go with my iPhone 6+. I may try for the nexus 6 after the new year or the moto x if they have a 64GB by then.

Posted via Nexus 5