Google keyboard

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Hey everyone just like everyone here, I love using the Gucci boy. I was wondering though if there's away to cement a different custom color I haven't seen any apk file or any way to do it so far by doing searches. Not that I don't like using it because do I was just curious. Thank you.

Sent from my custom 2nd Gen Moto X built by moto maker running lollipop 5.0

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Are you trying to change the color of the keyboard?
Yes sir I am. I know about the materialistic design elements of it don't get me wrong. But just like SwiftKey, I was wondering if there was any way at all to change the custom color scheme of it.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Yes sir I am. I know about the materialistic design elements of it don't get me wrong. But just like SwiftKey, I was wondering if there was any way at all to change the custom color scheme of it.

Only 4 themes available for the GK. Maybe there's some changes you can make if you're rooted and use a theming app, but stock, there is no way to change it.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Only 4 themes available for the GK. Maybe there's some changes you can make if you're rooted and use a theming app, but stock, there is no way to change it.
I appreciate the quick feedback I was just wondering.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

As I recall, there are options to go Material Light and Dark, but that may be about it. I think this still works: http://forums.androidcentral.com/ambassador-guides-tips-how-s/332833-guide-keyboards.html

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Yeah no I got that part, I was wondering custom red colors are blue colors etc but its all good.

Yeah...the downside to Google Keyboard. Simple with popular functions like gesture typing, but limited when it comes to customization. Swiftkey has a lot of custom options. I think they are separate plugins though.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Yeah...the downside to Google Keyboard. Simple with popular functions like gesture typing, but limited when it comes to customization. Swiftkey has a lot of custom options. I think they are separate plugins though.
Yeah no I realize that. The only promise SwiftKey 3 is affected the RAM hog for a system memory, and when you use it all the time I first generation Moto X, there's a lag on it and it would crash at the time. And force close which drove me nuts. The Google keyboard is fine.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Yeah no I realize that. The only promise SwiftKey 3 is affected the RAM hog for a system memory, and when you use it all the time I first generation Moto X, there's a lag on it and it would crash at the time. And force close which drove me nuts. The Google keyboard is fine.

Yeah, Swift Key is really the only Android keyboard with tons of themes that has swipe features and still works great. I use Fleksy, which has a good number of themes, but it has no swipe to text.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, Swift Key is really the only Android keyboard with tons of themes that has swipe features and still works great. I use Fleksy, which has a good number of themes, but it has no swipe to text.
Yeah, that's what I thought. Thank you again for the input, I appreciate it.