Quick Charge Habits

Photo_Drew

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
Has quick charging changed how you charge your device? I used to hate letting my battery get low and it was 100% before I left the house but now that I can charge up quickly when it's low, I find sitting at 30% doesn't bother me as much and I don't always plug in at night.

Posted via the Android Central App

sharkita

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Has quick charging changed how you charge your device? I used to hate letting my battery get low and it was 100% before I left the house but now that I can charge up quickly when it's low, I find sitting at 30% doesn't bother me as much and I don't always plug in at night.

It hasn't really changed my charging habits, but if I miss putting it on the charger at night I don't worry so much about making it through the next day without charging. I carry the turbo charger with me at work, so I know I can always plug it in for a quick charge before the end of the work day and I'll be fine until I get home.

ETPhoneHomeT

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
I still plug mine in every night with a standard charger and can make it through most days with light or moderate usage. But I did purchase the Moto turbo charger and 2 Aukey Quick Charge 2.0 certified products to cover me on heavy use days on Amazon. Bought the car lighter socket adapter and the 10,000 mAh portable external battery and they both charge quickly, just like the turbo charger.

Robisan

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
Having a Choetech QC car charger means I no longer have to think about charging or battery level before going out. Also means I never have to pack a wall charger when I go out. Don't need it very often but invaluable when I do. Now even a short drive gives a significant juice bump (whereas conventional car chargers are virtually useless on short drives).

...adding, bought a wall QC from Moto but almost never use it. Prefer to avoid the QC heating of the device unless it's really necessary.

david61983

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
Is it okay to plug it in 3-4 times daily like I do if I need the battery to last 2 years?

K-Unit

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
Yes. Plugging it in as often as you can will drastically extend the batteries overall longevity. Don't listen to anyone who tells you otherwise. Letting lithium ion batteries do deep discharges (0-15%) is horrible for it.

Slow_S10

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Ok this may sound like a random question but is there anything on the phone that identifies when it is quick charging? I only ask because my wife's S6 shows a notification when it is plugged into a quick charger, but when I plugged my Moto X into her charger it doesn't show anything and didn't honestly seem to charge much faster than normal... Was I just being oblivious to how much faster it was charging or am I missing something?

apfan

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
If you go to battery charging screen it will show you how long it will take it to fully charge. While it is connected to quick charger, you would see much shorter duration compared to regular charger.