Is anyone using a case that is completely clear and transparent?

diesteldorf

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Hoping to get some feedback. I just ordered the Moto X Pure Edition 2015 and there are not very many options available for cases, but, it's a brand new unreleased phone; I expected this.

The Moto X 2014 has been out for awhile, so I am hoping that you guys may be knowledgeable about some of the available cases. Hopefully, those same designers will make something similar for the Moto Pure 2015 in a month or two.

I got my 2015 Moto Pure designed with a custom leather back and red accents and would like a case that is completely clear and transparent on the back.

I have seen hard plastic snap on cases that are clear, but I tend to favor the silicone gel bumper type cases. They offer some grip and are easy to hold onto IMO.

However, I am open-minded...

These are the two cases I was looking at on Amazon, but neither is compatible with the Moto Pure 2015:

1. http://www.amazon.com/iGadgitz-Tran...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4661786

2. http://www.amazon.com/Motorola-Case...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4661786

This case does obscure the color of the side buttons, but I am OK with that.

3. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4661786

This is a hard plastic case with no silicone or gel. It's not my favorite, compared to the other 2, but it may still be an option.

I've always had minimalistic cases in the past. I get them mainly for increased grip and I like ones that have a slight raised edge that protects the screen from touching when placed on flat surfaces.

I don't expect it to survive high drops onto pavement unscathed.

Last edited:

jlgraham

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
To be honest, there weren't many cases made for the 2014 Model either. These are not super popular phones like those from Samsung and Apple, so the number of available cases is comparatively very small.

I use a brand called Supcase (link below). I had one of these for my 2013 Moto X, and now I use the blue/frost model for my 2014 Moto X, and I'm assuming they will probably have a version for the Moto X Pure. (PS, sorry for the photo quality, since I was photographing my phone, had to use my iMac's camera).

Pros:
  • Low Profile, doesn't add much thickness or width
  • Slightly Rubberized/textured Sides to Help Grip
  • "Frost", almost clear back plate to show off custom back
  • Fair amount of scratch/drop protection
  • Multiple colors available
  • Covers for volume/power buttons are easy to press
  • Front lip keeps the screen off surfaces when the phone is face down
  • Frost back does not interfere with camera or flash
  • Never had issues with charging cables or headphones, they all fit just fine

Cons:
  • Back isn't completely clear, but instead "frosted".
  • Rubberized sides not as grippy as silicone
  • Not a lot of protection for the screen in the event of a drop (luckily though, I haven't tested this!)
  • 2013 model, sides and back separated after frequently putting it on/taking it off (no issues with 2014 so far)
  • Rubberized sides get dirty pretty quickly (at least on my model with blue sides)

Amazon.com: Moto X Case, SUPCASE [Unicorn Beetle Series] for All New Motorola Moto X (2nd Gen.) Phone 2014 Release, Premium Hybrid Bumper Case (Frost Clear) - Not Fit Moto X Phone (1st Gen.) 2013 Release: Cell Phones & Accessories

Photo on 9-4-15 at 13.15.jpg

Slow_S10

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I have the black version of this case with a black leather backed Moto X. I don't always use the case as I prefer to use the phone naked. But when I do use it, it is very nice and honestly does help make the phone much easier to hold just because of the thicker grippier sides. Also fortunately the only times that I have dropped my phone it has had the case on it and has suffered absolutely no damage. Long story short in my opinion this is probably one of the better cases available for the Moto X right now, it's not perfect, but it is a good compromise of form and function.

Geodude074

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
I have the first case you listed. For a $3.69 case, you get what you pay for, the cutout for the camera isn't perfect, and the buttons become a little harder to press. But I prefer soft TPU vs hard plastic, it's easier to grip and more comfortable to hold so you're less prone to dropping it. And I have a theory that soft plastic protects better than hard plastic during falls anyways.

ETPhoneHomeT

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
I use and like the Cimo Wave TPU case on my Moto X 2014 and my wife has the same case on her Samsung Galaxy S6. It's your basic TPU case and does what it's designed to do. The wave design adds a little style to the case, as a portion of the back is opaque and frosted, while the rest is perfectly clear. It has texture on the sides to add some grip. Power and volume buttons are covered but easy enough to press. All cutouts are there for microphones, micro usb, headphone jack, camera lens and Moto dimple. Looked on Amazon and it looks like they have added some versions without the wave design and in different colors for the Moto X Pure Edition.

2015-09-16_13-01-58_337.jpg

mkreef

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
I bought case #1 (bought the $5.29 prime version because the one from Canada for $3.69 said it wouldn't arrive until early November). I've never used a case on my phone and decided I don't want it (I like my phones naked, no screen protector, no case).

If someone wants it, send me a PM. If you want to paypal me a buck or so for postage, all the better, but not required. I'll send it first class, no tracking or insurance.

luke31

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
I have this case on mine as we speak. The bad thing about it is that the interior tpu bumper turns a pretty gross yellow color that looks like the phone belongs to a smoker.

sharkita

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I have this case on mine as we speak. The bad thing about it is that the interior tpu bumper turns a pretty gross yellow color that looks like the phone belongs to a smoker.

I kind of wonder if a lot of clear TPU cases do that. I've gone through several Cimo clear back covers on my Xs, replacing them when they get really yellow. Fortunately they're cheap so it's no big deal but that yellowing gets really obvious after a while.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa