"I've ordered my Moto X Style" (Order & Shipping Discussion)

Jordan Kasparek

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
I am actually slightly disappointed in FedEx, I am used to them beating their delivery dates. Plus I am only 6 hours away from Memphis. Mine is sitting on "In Transit: Package available for clearance." According to FedEx it is waiting to hop on a plane for delivery tomorrow

javier aranda1

Jul 17, 2015
Visit site
I am actually slightly disappointed in FedEx, I am used to them beating their delivery dates. Plus I am only 6 hours away from Memphis. Mine is sitting on "In Transit: Package available for clearance." According to FedEx it is waiting to hop on a plane for delivery tomorrow

Same here just spoke to fedex and they couldn't give me an answer on why or what happen to our packages they are supposed to call me back still waiting ........... i have grown old of just waiting.wait.jpg

Spook46

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
How did you cancel? I wanted to cancel last week, because my order has been in the same situation since 9/2. They told me I couldn't cancel because it was in "Exported Status"!

Spook46

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
So my first order never got out of "Order Approved" status from 9/2 until it was canceled today. The new one I ordered today already has moved along to "Being Built". That's progress.

Duplicate sorry, How did you cancel? I wanted to cancel last week, because my order has been in the same situation since 9/2. They told me I couldn't cancel because it was in "Exported Status"!

jojesa

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
When this type of incident occurs 99.9% of the times is the shippers fault, in this case Motorola.
I have ordered goods from China and this happens when the shipper does not provide the required documentation or there are mistakes on costumes forms and also provide required copies. Even if you fill out forms correctly and you don't included the amount of copies required, the shipment gets stuck in costumes.
Also, shipper must be specific about the goods been shipped.
What is it? - How many are there? - What is it made from? -What is the intended use? - Product value - Trade agreements - Country of manufacture - Use of the product - Item Harmonized System (HS) code - etc - etc.
This happens a lot when people in charge of shipping are not properly trained.

javier aranda1

Jul 17, 2015
Visit site
When this type of incident occurs 99.9% of the times is the shippers fault, in this case Motorola.
I have ordered goods from China and this happens when the shipper does not provide the required documentation or there are mistakes on costumes forms and also provide required copies. Even if you fill out forms correctly and you don't included the amount of copies required, the shipment gets stuck in costumes.
Also, shipper must be specific about the goods been shipped.
What is it? - How many are there? - What is it made from? -What is the intended use? - Product value - Trade agreements - Country of manufacture - Use of the product - Item Harmonized System (HS) code - etc - etc.
This happens a lot when people in charge of shipping are not properly trained.

I just received the called from fedex and they still need to clear costumes in order to release the order so more than likely it wont be until tomorrow that hopefully everyone might get the phones .

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site
How did you cancel? I wanted to cancel last week, because my order has been in the same situation since 9/2. They told me I couldn't cancel because it was in "Exported Status"!

They kept telling me they couldn't cancel it because it was already being built yet the status on the page never got past "Order Approved". I went from online chat to them calling me on the phone and I kept pressing them since they seemed to just be reading scripts. They said they would submit a cancelation request but couldn't guarantee it would be canceled if it was actually being built. I figured after that much time and most other people with the same dates as mine had gotten their phone it was worth a shot.

If yours is in Exported Status, which isn't a stage on the Order Status page I've been looking at, yours has obviously gotten past the build stage. You may be out of luck.

lkmel

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Still in the "clearance delay" from 9/19 with an estimated delivery of 9/22. Not sure if it will arrive by then based on the extreme delay at clearance.

There is no point in chatting / calling Motorola. Each time I've called, I've received help / advice that becomes "false" as soon as I hang up. My second phone just left China and is scheduled for 9/23 delivery.

All around, this experience has been pretty frustrating.

YahyaRivero

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Well out of curiosity I called FedEx to check the status. I was told by two different reps that though my phone still shows that it's in transit, it's still in Memphis waiting to be cleared by customs. She did say that when if its cleared today it'll arrive by tomorrow.

Smh...

Posted via the Android Central App

alphabets

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
Maybe I'm not understanding, but it seems that everyone is complaining about not receiving their phones earlier than the "estimated" arrival? If it says it is going to be delivered tomorrow and it is not, then maybe get a little anxious. But, even then it is just an estimated arrival. It could arrive Wednesday and you really don't have much to complain about. What am I missing?

Fwiw, mine is also in in an "available for clearance" status as on 9/20 in Memphis with an estimated delivery of Tuesday by 10:30am. But, if it's not here by 10:31am I'm going to call Motorola, call FedEx and burn the village.

Simma down nah.

GMC MaXx

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Pure
16GB
No engraving or greeting
AT&T
Black front
Slate back
Dark grey trim

Ordered 9/16
Est. Delivery 10/6
approx 3 weeks

I received an update. Now it shows as being delivered on 9/23. Two weeks ahead of the original delivery date! That's only 7 days from the time I ordered. Awesome!

MoPhoMan

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Maybe I'm not understanding, but it seems that everyone is complaining about not receiving their phones earlier than the "estimated" arrival? If it says it is going to be delivered tomorrow and it is not, then maybe get a little anxious. But, even then it is just an estimated arrival. It could arrive Wednesday and you really don't have much to complain about. What am I missing?

Fwiw, mine is also in in an "available for clearance" status as on 9/20 in Memphis with an estimated delivery of Tuesday by 10:30am. But, if it's not here by 10:31am I'm going to call Motorola, call FedEx and burn the village.

Simma down nah.

Most of us have already missed the original delivery date. For me, I had a 9/15 and the a 9/17 date. Now I have 9/22 date.

jojesa

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site

Simma down nah.
The estimated arrival when I ordered was 9/15, then it was changed to 9/17 and now it shows 9/23 on Moto website.
I'm complaining about not receiving the phone a week later than expected.
Now, you could order the phone at Bestbuy today and get it tomorrow.