"I've ordered my Moto X Style" (Order & Shipping Discussion)

iAmEFFeX

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
I ended up cancelling my order with Motorola and just bought the black 32gb off Amazon. I did 2 day shipping so shows a September 11th release. The only reason why I switched to Amazon was that I needed the phone asap and my previous order was showing September 24th. I think it was due to the blue accent. However, I'm fine with one on Amazon's site. I'm not a flashy person, lol.

diesteldorf

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Really lightly looking into it I saw 8W by a random reviewer, so nowhere near the 25W potential. I looked into it with Moto but they said they'd have to cancel my order so I moved on.
They told me the same thing and offered me a 10% off coupon. I obviously declined.

I may not sign up for Project Fi, but the battery pack Google sent has a 6000 capacity and now I'll have an excuse to use it.

J_Jameson

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
Capture.JPG

Well, since no one has ordered a red leather one yet, I figured I'd take the plunge and try it out. Might as well go big with 64gb if ordering through motomaker. It seems most here are of a similar mindset. Estimated 9/15/2015 ship date.

Riccardo C

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site
I know, I didn't know about the $7.99 battery pack until after I ordered. I called Motorola this morning and it's too late to add to my phone since my order has been "exported" (moto term). I asked if he could give me the $7.99 price and the best he could do was send me a 10% off moto accessories coupon. Oh well, I may just order one of the highly rated 10000mAh ones off Amazon, like this: http://www.amazon.com/Anker-10000mA...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4660195

The same happend to me and the gave it to me for free ask for a supervisor..

J_Jameson

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
I ended up cancelling my order with Motorola and just bought the black 32gb off Amazon. I did 2 day shipping so shows a September 11th release. The only reason why I switched to Amazon was that I needed the phone asap and my previous order was showing September 24th. I think it was due to the blue accent. However, I'm fine with one on Amazon's site. I'm not a flashy person, lol.

I have considered the same due to no tax, or even to purchase through best buy as I have a 10% off coupon they keep emailing me. 64GB(+128GB microSD) and leather tempted me to at least give motomaker a shot.

Riccardo C

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site
i called customer service to ditch the warentee for 79.99 they gave me some BS about having to wait until i get the phone because if they cancel the warentee they have to cancel the whole order. I was reassured that they will give me a full refund of the 79.99 once i get the phone...

I thought about it and the phone has a nano coating for water resistance and i dont usually hold on to phone more then a year, and I bought a tempered glass screen protector. So the 2 year warentee doesnt make much sence at second thought..

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
i called customer service to ditch the warentee for 79.99 they gave me some BS about having to wait until i get the phone because if they cancel the warentee they have to cancel the whole order. I was reassured that they will give me a full refund of the 79.99 once i get the phone...

I thought about it and the phone has a nano coating for water resistance and i dont usually hold on to phone more then a year, and I bought a tempered glass screen protector. So the 2 year warentee doesnt make much sence at second thought..

The phone has nano coating but it isn't water resistant and has no IP rating claiming such.

Last edited:

Saturn1217

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Whelp. Just ordered. I'm still really not sure about the battery life but then again my Nexus 5 is sitting at 58% after a full day that started at 6am (it is 9:30pm now) with 2hrs of screen on time. As long as the Moto X is significantly better than my Nexus 5, I will be happy. Worse comes to worse I take advantage of Motorola's free returns.

Mine said 9/15 estimated shipping date which is MUCH better than the Oct 1st date I got yesterday.

I wanted a pure as snow look so I went with white front & back, and silver trim and accents. Should match nicely with the Boston weather in a few months...

Screen Shot 2015-09-03 at 9.38.32 PM.png

Scott93274

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
I'm sad, I can't get the color combination I want. I'm trying to get a white front and back with Champagne trim with 64 GB internal storage, but I am unable to select Champagne as an option. Maybe they're all out? I'm going to have to wait and see, if I'm paying full price I'm going to make sure I get exactly what I want.

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm sad, I can't get the color combination I want. I'm trying to get a white front and back with Champagne trim with 64 GB internal storage, but I am unable to select Champagne as an option. Maybe they're all out? I'm going to have to wait and see, if I'm paying full price I'm going to make sure I get exactly what I want.

It is definitely disabled, probably sold out for the pre-order period. That was my first choice but since I was considering other options I might not hold out for it.

The Harrington

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I ordered mine yesterday and was told it wouldn't ship until the 18th but as of this morning the status is the order is complete so hopefully it will ship much sooner. Then I have to turn around and sell my four month old OPO on Swappa.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Anyone expecting these devices to ship early?

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)

dld542004

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site
Moto X Pure Edition
Memory - 16GB GB (will put in 64 GB MicroSD card)

Back - Winter White

Front - White / Silver

Trim - Metallic Champagne

Tracfone

Estimated Delivery Sep 15, 2015

Last edited:

thejesse

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Anyone expecting these devices to ship early?

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)

Last year my 2014 X had a Tuesday delivery date but I received it the preceding Friday. So, hopeful.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87