"I've ordered my Moto X Style" (Order & Shipping Discussion)

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Re: On the delivery truck today.

I had the same 9/15 estimated date. On their web site my order status still shows it stuck at "Order Approved".

FedEx automatically notifies me of packages sent to my address. I need to know when it hits the road so I can redirect it to another address. Motorola wouldn't ship it to an address different from my billing address.

samwapp

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
For those receiving their phones from motomaker, did your 'status' on motorolas website ever change from being built? I have an estimated 9/15 delivery date but no movement on their website and delivery manager won't work for me... But I'm still holding out hope it'll be there when I get home today!

Posted via the Android Central App

Yeah, mine says delivered

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

I had the same 9/15 estimated date. On their web site my order status still shows it stuck at "Order Approved".

FedEx automatically notifies me of packages sent to my address. I need to know when it hits the road so I can redirect it to another address. Motorola wouldn't ship it to an address different from my billing address.

If you have a tracking number, go to FedEx tracking and change it from there. I think that's the only way you can do it.

J_Jameson

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
DSC00463.jpgDSC00467.jpgDSC00469.jpgDSC00471.jpg

Photos taken under 6500k lighting so they are quite accurate to the actual color of the device. The leather is a tad less saturated which I could fix with a little editing(along with some noise reduction) but I don't really feel like it at the moment. So far the phone exceeds my expectations. The screen is quite accurate with very good black levels as well. Not quite as good as an OLED panel or the pseudo quantum dot enhanced LCD of the g4 but surprisingly close as long as you properly adjust brightness to fit your environment. It hasn't gotten any warmer than any snapdragon 801,805, 808 device that I have used or own. I have downloaded 127 apps back to back and run antutu a few times just to test heat more than anything else since people are so overly and unnecessarily concerned. Storage starts at about 50GB for the 64GB version. I haven't really tested the camera yet but will once I get things set up.

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
View attachment 196215View attachment 196216View attachment 196217View attachment 196218

Photos taken under 6500k lighting so they are quite accurate to the actual color of the device. The leather is a tad less saturated which I could fix with a little editing(along with some noise reduction) but I don't really feel like it at the moment. So far the phone exceeds my expectations. The screen is quite accurate with very good black levels as well. Not quite as good as an OLED panel or the pseudo quantum dot enhanced LCD of the g4 but surprisingly close as long as you properly adjust brightness to fit your environment. It hasn't gotten any warmer than any snapdragon 801,805, 808 device that I have used or own. I have downloaded 127 apps back to back and run antutu a few times just to test heat more than anything else since people are so overly and unnecessarily concerned. Storage starts at about 50GB for the 64GB version. I haven't really tested the camera yet but will once I get things set up.

is that the red leather? that looks sick!

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
View attachment 196215View attachment 196216View attachment 196217View attachment 196218

50GB? That is nuts low for a non bloated device. What the heck is taking the space? 59.6 is the normal available storage on 64GB, so that means Motorola is eating almost 10GB of storage. That makes Samsung devices seem conservative in comparison. Jeepers. There should be at least 5GB more free.

Example is the Note 4 out of box took 5GB for a 32GB (24.9GB free out of 29.8). Something odd is going on it seems with device allocation. There should be more storage on a non bloated device- not a lot less.

J_Jameson

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
Yep, red leather. I am quite pleased with it. It feels excellent. It has an ever so slight supple cushioning to it that's just awesome. It's very unique compared to everything else that I have used, particularly the rigid leather of the G4.

djh2011

May 1, 2011
Visit site
Well color me confused. While I am glad you all are getting yours, how the heck does any of this make sense? Some get theirs delivered with no notifications, some changed today as they were getting delivered. Not a crazy design by any stretch, no greeting or engraving and an order number small than a lot that are getting theirs. Oh well. I got a shed to fix this weekend anyway. :)

diesel97

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: Estimated delivery date being 17th

My delivery is also the 17th. I have not received a tracking number either. I was told last night that today is the day for delivery. I hope so. Looking at everyone else with their phones has me feeling some type of way.

I wonder if the rep messed up and meant to say shipping today and not delivered today :-$

jimbo1mcm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site

Red Leather? Disregard. Answered. Looks great. How does it smell?

GeordieAffy

Aug 27, 2015
Visit site
Re: "I've ordered my Moto X Style" (Order & Shipping Discussion)

This is when the fun begins, cant wait to see live pics of peoples Moto X's.

Then I can decide what combo I want lol.

J_Jameson

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
50GB? That is nuts low for a non bloated device. What the heck is taking the space? 59.6 is the normal free storage on 64GB, so that means Motorola is eating almost 10GB of storage. That makes Samsung devices seem conservative in comparison. Jeepers. There should be at least 5GB more free.

Example is the Note 4 out of box took 5GB for a 32GB (24.9GB free out of 29.6). Something odd is going on it seems with device allocation.

I don't know but I am looking into it. The total space according to the device is 53.18GB with about 49.6GB available before I started downloading anything. It should have been 53GB to 54GB after the OS before downloads so a good 3-4GB is just gone. It could be an issue with the NAND, the software could be incorrectly reading the available storage, who knows? At the moment, it isn't my primary focus.

65fastback

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
well color me confused. While i am glad you all are getting yours, how the heck does any of this make sense? Some get theirs delivered with no notifications, some changed today as they were getting delivered. Not a crazy design by any stretch, no greeting or engraving and an order number small than a lot that are getting theirs. Oh well. I got a shed to fix this weekend anyway. :)

get off the shed!

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I don't know but I am looking into it. The total space according to the device is 53.18GB with about 49.6GB available before I started downloading anything. It should have been 53GB to 54GB after the OS before downloads so a good 3-4GB is just gone. It could be an issue with the NAND, the software could be incorrectly reading the available storage, who knows? At the moment, it isn't my primary focus.

Motorola needs to explain this since not really 64GB storage even by the normally misunderstood manner of people not considering format parameters and stock apps taking some of the 64GB. The normal available for 64GB is 59.6GB (pre OS and stock apps), so something odd is going on compared to other devices and actually makes their storage less than even Samsung devices. Moto should call them 12GB, 28GB and 60GB models. Not adding up.

Even if we added the Samsung stock bloat the storage is way short of what it should be.

diesteldorf

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site

Where were you guys able to obtain a tracking number for FedEx? I've heard people getting their devices while Motorola still has their phone labeled as "as being built", but still somehow having a tracking number.
Google Fed Ex Home Delivery Manager and register. Then you can login and Fed Ex will show if they have any shipments to your name and address. Good luck

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez