"I've ordered my Moto X Style" (Order & Shipping Discussion)

LinT

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
I ordered mine on the 25th and this morning it changed to "order complete". It seems to be about a 2 day (work week) build time. I'm still waiting on tracking info

bpe4

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
I ordered mine on the 25th and this morning it changed to "order complete". It seems to be about a 2 day (work week) build time. I'm still waiting on tracking info

Looks like we're in the same batch then, LinT. You ordered on Friday, I ordered on Sunday, and they probably started building our phones on Monday and just finished them. My guess is that the mobs have moved on to the Nexus phones, and the production line is moving faster now. Hopefully we'll both see our shipment information soon.

Cael26

Sep 9, 2015
Visit site
And my phone does not have my greeting.

Wow, all the time it took for them and they didn't get it all right. :mad:

Edit: They gave me a redo code. Estimated Delivery is Oct 16. Here's hoping this order goes smoother this time.

Last edited:

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
And my phone does not have my greeting.

Wow, all the time it took for them and they didn't get it all right. :mad:

Edit: They gave me a redo code. Estimated Delivery is Oct 16. Here's hoping this order goes smoother this time.

Mine didn't have the engraved back...which I was on the fence about anyway. So I'm satisfied; it looks fine without it.

xaviex77

Sep 28, 2015
Visit site
Mine didn't have the engraved back...which I was on the fence about anyway. So I'm satisfied; it looks fine without it.

Pfft, so disappointing from Motorola. I was able to reduce the severity of the dead pixel by running some app that is suppose to fix it. But I've sent an e-mail to Motorola for a replacement, but to have them ship it first so I'm not without a phone. Hopefully it works out.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Pfft, so disappointing from Motorola. I was able to reduce the severity of the dead pixel by running some app that is suppose to fix it. But I've sent an e-mail to Motorola for a replacement, but to have them ship it first so I'm not without a phone. Hopefully it works out.

They'll ship it first, along with a return package for you to return the original phone.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

You have an option to have them build and ship, then once you receive you can return. Obviously they will put a charge on hold for the replacement to make sure you return the old one.

Cael26

Sep 9, 2015
Visit site
You have an option to have them build and ship, then once you receive you can return. Obviously they will put a charge on hold for the replacement to make sure you return the old one.

They didn't put a charge on hold for my replacement. I just have to send my old one back by 10/30/15 to not get charged.

NicksGarage

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Mine went from "Being Built" to "Order Complete" last night. Ordered on 9/20 with an initial delivery date of 9/30 which was then changed to 10/8. Still nothing in FedEx DM. This is still better than the one I ordered on 9/2 that never got out of "Order Approved" and I got them to cancel it.

Just showed up in DM with delivery date of 10/2. Won't let me customize the delivery though.

Pushcush1983

Jul 27, 2015
Visit site
Got it, put on tempered glass, case I bought would not fit with tempered glass, proceeded to drop the damn thing face down, shattered tempered, no damage to phone thank God!! Rough day!!

powgal

Sep 26, 2015
Visit site
After reading all these posts, I am feeling quite fortunate that I ordered mine on 9/20 and received it in 9/28. The accessories I ordered from Amazon all fit / work perfectly. Maybe the build choices (16/32/64 GB, frame/trim/back selections) have something to do with the delays on some phones. I ordered white w/champagne trim, deep sea blue back, engraved.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Mine went thru multiple international shipment release and still in Memphis. This is the Thursday late night/Friday early morning batch that was stuck in long clearance delay !!!

jpr196

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Mine went thru multiple international shipment release and still in Memphis. This is the Thursday late night/Friday early morning batch that was stuck in long clearance delay !!!

Hmm, wonder what happened. I got mine yesterday from that batch. So far, no issues, looks and runs great!

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
"I've ordered my Moto X Style" (Order & Shipping Discussion)

Hmm, wonder what happened. I got mine yesterday from that batch. So far, no issues, looks and runs great!

Thanks just checked tracking and it's at my local fedex facility, took a long time for it to get here after international shipment release.

Gunrack

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
My phone's been stuck in Memphis for 36 hours due to customs issues. I see others have had similar problems here and there.

I just got off a chat session with MOTO support. Here's all they had to say,

Vene Rose: Hi, my name is Vene Rose. How may I help you?
Scott: My phone shipped from you guys a couple days ago and is being held in Memphis. Won't clear customs. The FexEx tracking site says "Shipment documentation indicates value discrepancy. Correct value of shipment is required."
Scott: also says "Shipper or Importer must confirm or verify value of goods."
Scott: Tracking number is 653XXXXXXXX
Vene Rose: Thank you for that information.
Vene Rose: I do apologized for this inconvenience let me assist you Scott.
Vene Rose: Please give me a moment to check your this.
Scott: ok
Vene Rose: Just to verify is this an order from our website Scott?
Scott: 0xxxxxxx is my order number
Vene Rose: Thanks you so much.
Scott: Yes it was, it actually was a replacement where you gave me a pin to return and re-order a new phone. Cost showed $0.00 for the order
Vene Rose: No worries Scott, I'm checking for status of this order now please bear with me.
Vene Rose: And yes this is actually a mandatory check up from Customs.
Scott: 36 hour check?
Vene Rose: I have here expected delivery date 10/08/2015.
Scott: The first phone I received was in customs 1 hour
Scott: My order on the Motorola site said I'd have the phone 10/2
Vene Rose: I do apologized Motorola is working hard to resolve this issue.
Scott: Hard to see that from here. When something I order hits Memphis in the middle of the night I get it the next morning
Vene Rose: You don't have to worries Scott I will provide you update once we have the information available.
Scott: My order originally said it would be here Oct 2. It's in Memphis less than 4 hours away and now your site has changed the delivery estimate to Oct 8. That's not right.
Vene Rose: Actually it has this status pending delivery from Fed Ex but rest assured that we are working on this now.
Scott: How could one shipment clear customs in 1 hour and now the same item has sat there 36 hours
Vene Rose: I don't have the information at the moment Scott, But please let monitor this one and give you an update once we received the information, because the only thing that i have here is the expected delivery date.
Scott: Not like I have any choice. Not the experience I was hoping for buying my first MOTO device.
Vene Rose: I'm sorry. I will do follow up for this one and will send you email once I have the actual shipment date.
Scott: Thanks
Vene Rose: May you please verify me the best contact number to call you?
Scott: XXX-XXX-XXXX
Vene Rose: Thank you Scott.
Scott: Have a good day.​

Stuck in Memphis. :'(

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I haven't been following this thread. I'm glad to see many of you get your phones. I ordered on 9/2 and have nothing. My Moto 360 was supposed to be delivered 9/29 and the Moto XPE delayed until Oct 8. I wasn't really upset with Motorola until I read this thread (orders way after mine being delivered) I don't even want their phone anymore, I'm getting the Nexus 6P.

I called and told them I wanted to cancel the phone but keep the watch. They said that since the watch is on the same order that it will be canceled also. I told them to go ahead and cancel it all. I checked today and it still shows being built so I'm not sure they even canceled it.

Anyway, I don't mean to spoil this thread, and I hope you all are enjoying your phones. I just had to vent. I've been so excited about the nexus that I didn't realize how bad the Motorola shipment process was going.

I got a email from them congratulating me on my new Moto x LOL.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer