US: Moto X Pure Edition at Best Buy

GeordieAffy

Aug 27, 2015
Visit site
Re: Looks Like Best Buy will have five models, no 64 GB

White 32GB Bamboo is $450?

Thats cheaper by $20 compared to MotoMaker.

Sent from S3 via Tapatalk App.

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site

Looks like the first phone I have not bought from Best Buy in five years since want the 64GB- presuming battery life tests are better than what has been indicated so far.

Unobtanium

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site

Looks like the first phone I have not bought from Best Buy in five years since want the 64GB- presuming battery life tests are better than what has been indicated so far.

I get it. I have pretty much decided on the 32 GB black model. I checked my usage on my 32 GB Droid Maxx and given that I can move music and pics to the SD card, that should suit me.

Posted via the Android Central App

Unobtanium

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I just went to a Best Buy store at lunch. I talked to one guy in one store, so take that for what it is worth. He looked up the SKU of the 32GB Black model. His computer showed availability of "07-27-2015." No, I didn't try to get a pic of the screen. But he called another guy over and they said it is going to be "on-line only," and couldn't get an actual release date. I can still do ship-to-store.

EDIT: I went in and added it to my BB wish list, which is supposed to notify me when it becomes available to order. On the listing inside the wish list, it does say "Online Only."

I might just order from Amazon and get it when I get back from travel on the 11th or 12th.

Last edited:

diesel97

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site

July 27 I guess that was a misprint on somebody part

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Unobtanium

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site

July 27 I guess that was a misprint on somebody part

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Wasn't the original Moto announcement event on July 28? Maybe that's when they got the "heads up" from Motorola and put the placeholders in their system. Only thing I can think of.

Unobtanium

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Is it possible that Best Buy doesn't carry it in store?

I was told yesterday that it is "Online Only" which I took to mean they don't plan to stock it in the stores. But in the past 36 hours (it is almost 1:00 pm Eastern Time as I write this) their site has gone from no info, to showing five models, to now showing three models.

I expect to be able to order it for in-store pick up, but who knows how long that will take. Unlike Amazon, I cannot pre-order one from Best Buy, at the time of this post.

I also did an online chat with BB yesterday evening, and the rep had no info on a release date or a pre-order availability date.

I am probably going to wait through the weekend, and if BB doesn't update their info to a pre-order order status, I will probably just order from Amazon and hope I can have it in hand by the 12th.

dby2011

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Funny, I went to Best Buy this afternoon and they said the computer has the 6th for the release date and they were showing up in stock at the warehouse. He told me it didn't say online only and it's possible they may get some in the store as they actually have been stocking unlocked phones. He showed me the unlocked Blu phones they have right now for sale.

Unobtanium

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Funny, I went to Best Buy this afternoon and they said the computer has the 6th for the release date and they were showing up in stock at the warehouse. He told me it didn't say online only and it's possible they may get some in the store as they actually have been stocking unlocked phones. He showed me the unlocked Blu phones they have right now for sale.

Yeah, as I said upthread, I talked to one store worker directly yesterday and later had an on-line chat. The fact that their web page has changed at least three times in the last 36 hours tells me that this is analogous to the Motorola pages going "live." We will know it is available when we see it.

The 6th makes some sense, as Best Buy has new ads every Sunday.

GeordieAffy

Aug 27, 2015
Visit site
h ttps://youtu.be/7bneOQsng3w

If you read the comments one commenter says his father works for BestBuy and they got deliveries today. Sounds plausable considering it was mensioned here also.

Sent from S3 via Tapatalk App.

Unobtanium

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I just leave my local best buy and the ref let me see the monitor show in stock at 11th.

I just did the same thing, and got the same answer. She said this store would not carry it, told me of two others nearby that typically carry more of the unlocked phones, but that it would definitely be on-line.

I also picked up an "early edition" Sunday newspaper, and it is not in the Best Buy sales flyer.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87