What are your favorite cases for the Moto X Pure Edition?

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
Ordered the SUPCASE Unicorn Beetle from Amazon. Less than $15, feels like it's going to add some needed protection to the frame of my Moto X. Back is smooth if not a little slick. The outside has a nice grippy rubber feel but still goes in and out of a pocket nicely. Adds a little bulk to an already big phone, but good trade off for the protection it should provide. Photos are not the best as they were taken in a dimly lit Starbucks. 1 day in I'd recommend it, though I prefer the diztronic case I had on my old One Plus One. Buttons aren't great, feel like I lost a little of the responsiveness. Will update after a week or so of use. View attachment 202828

Posted via the Android Central App

The button response has been my wife's only complaint. She's been using the case for a couple of weeks now.

I have this one too, but I haven't used it much. I'll use it when I need more protection than offered by the clear Tektide case.

zzzz8

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
I purchased the Incipio Octane case for my Moto X Pure. It is a really nice case. It is well built and solid. Unfortunately, the back does not lay flat. Moreover, the back is super smooth, so the phone spins around like a top when I touch the phone when it is placed on my table. I consequently returned the Incipio case and I am still using the included Motorola bumper.

Does anyone know of a case that lays down flat, preventing the phone from moving when being operated when on a table, yet still keeps the curve of the back of the phone when it is in the grasp of the hand?

ezvv

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
A heads up to anyone waiting for the casemate bumper in black to become available on casemate website, its in stock on the moto website. Just placed my order says it will be here Nov 4th.

Jack13

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
The Cruzerlite Bugdroid is now available on Amazon with Prime shipping if you don't want to deal with Cruzerlite. I'd post the link, but I'm a newbie and don't have enough posts to insert a link.

zzzz8

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
What do people think of the Evocel Moto X Pure Edition case? Unfortunately, I don't have enough posts to post a link, but it's on the Amazon site - search for Evocel Moto X Pure edition.

It definitely lays flat albeit the curve feature of the phone is no longer usable. The case also looks rugged. However, the reviews look fake. Any thoughts?

ezvv

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
What do people think of the Evocel Moto X Pure Edition case? Unfortunately, I don't have enough posts to post a link, but it's on the Amazon site - search for Evocel Moto X Pure edition.

It definitely lays flat albeit the curve feature of the phone is no longer usable. The case also looks rugged. However, the reviews look fake. Any thoughts?

Evocel® Moto X Pure Edition Case [New Generation] Dual Layer Rugged Holster Case with Kickstand & Belt Swivel Clip For Moto X Pure Edition / Moto X Style - Retail Packaging, Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B016P6IEA...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4781676

All those reviews say "I received this case at a discount in exchange for an honest review" I wouldn't trust the reviews, especially since they mostly all talk about being for a friends phone.

Unobtanium

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I purchased the Incipio Octane case for my Moto X Pure. It is a really nice case. It is well built and solid. Unfortunately, the back does not lay flat. Moreover, the back is super smooth, so the phone spins around like a top when I touch the phone when it is placed on my table. I consequently returned the Incipio case and I am still using the included Motorola bumper.

Does anyone know of a case that lays down flat, preventing the phone from moving when being operated when on a table, yet still keeps the curve of the back of the phone when it is in the grasp of the hand?

Try the Incipio Dual Pro. Mine doesn't do any of the stuff you describe with the Octane.

Posted from my XT1575

anon(9268751)

May 28, 2015
Visit site
I just received the "clear" Bugdroid case today. I'm not happy about how it changes the color of the back because it's mostly opaque instead of clear. I've attached some pix. The back of this phone is royal blue.
Pic 1 is with bugdroid case. It changes the back color to almost purple
Pic 2 is without case
Pic 3 is with a truly transparent case that I was using.
DSCN0065.jpg
DSCN0066.jpg
DSCN0067.jpg

imail724

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
Did anyone with the Case-Mate bumper order it from Case-Mate's website? I've been obsessively refreshing their page hoping it will become available because it would be like $10 extra from Motorola. Seems to be the only 2 places it's available.

alphabets

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site
I just received the "clear" Bugdroid case today. I'm not happy about how it changes the color of the back because it's mostly opaque instead of clear. I've attached some pix. The back of this phone is royal blue.
Pic 1 is with bugdroid case. It changes the back color to almost purple
Pic 2 is without case
Pic 3 is with a truly transparent case that I was using.
View attachment 203454
View attachment 203455
View attachment 203456

That vSkin looks awesome...and that is what I was hoping it would look like. I ordered it last week and it is scheduled to arrive today. I wanted something that would protect the phone when I needed a case on, but also showed the back and fame clearly. Thanks for the pic!

Hendry775

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
Did anyone with the Case-Mate bumper order it from Case-Mate's website? I've been obsessively refreshing their page hoping it will become available because it would be like $10 extra from Motorola. Seems to be the only 2 places it's available.

Yeah, I ordered the navy blue tough frame bumper from the Case-Mate website. Got a $3 discount since I was a new customer. Final price was $17 + taxes = $18.36. It works perfectly with the Pure.

imail724

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
Yeah, I ordered the navy blue tough frame bumper from the Case-Mate website. Got a $3 discount since I was a new customer. Final price was $17 + taxes = $18.36. It works perfectly with the Pure.

When were you able to order it? I've been checking constantly, but it still just says coming soon and it won't let you pre-order it.

swebb

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
That vSkin looks awesome...and that is what I was hoping it would look like. I ordered it last week and it is scheduled to arrive today. I wanted something that would protect the phone when I needed a case on, but also showed the back and fame clearly. Thanks for the pic!
For anyone with the vSKIN, how responsive are the buttons? I prefer cutouts because buttons can vary in responsiveness, but I've not found a clear (not frosted) case with cutouts.

notabbott

Oct 29, 2015
Visit site
Question about cases: Does your preferred case help with grip to the point where the phone is at least a little bit easier to use in one hand? The combination of size and slickness of the back is my biggest gripe right now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty