Accessories: Turbo Charger, Quick Charge, Home/External/Car chargers for Moto X

popartist

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Re: X pure car charger?

Have like four HTC Battery Bars, but it doesn't work with my Moto X Pure... Was looking at the Aukey, but I won a MyCharge Hub Plus portable charger at Getgeeked NY, and it seems to work with the Pure! Although, I haven't yet tested when the battery is below 50%. 'Tis pricey if you have to buy it outright, but if you have a mixed tech family between Android and iOS it is a good charger since it has both micro USB and Lightning built in and will charge one of each at the same time, and quickly (I do believe it is QC 2.0 although it doesn't say explicitly).

HubPlus - myCharge

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Have like four HTC Battery Bars, but it doesn't work with my Moto X Pure... Was looking at the Aukey, but I won a MyCharge Hub Plus portable charger at Getgeeked NY, and it seems to work with the Pure! Although, I haven't yet tested when the battery is below 50%. 'Tis pricey if you have to buy it outright, but if you have a mixed tech family between Android and iOS it is a good charger since it has both micro USB and Lightning built in and will charge one of each at the same time, and quickly (I do believe it is QC 2.0 although it doesn't say explicitly).

HubPlus - myCharge

Looks like the HubPlus is not a Quick Charge 2.0 device.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Yeah, like I said I wasn't sure, although it does say QuickCharge on the box, and it actually does charge pretty quick.

When plugged into the Moto X Pure Edition, does it say "TurboPower Connected"?

jojesa

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Can it be possible? A Tronsmart 18W charges a Moto X Pure faster than Motorola TurboCharger 25

I have charged my Moto X Pure with a Tronsmart 18W charger several times and, on average, it does it 6 minutes faster than the Motorola TurboCharger 25 included with the phone.
Is anyone else using this charger? Isn't the TurboCharger 25, a 25W charger?
Tronsmart 18W is only using Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0 Technology and it costs half of what Motorola wants for the TurboCharger 25.

colton groters

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: Can it be possible? A Tronsmart 18W charges a Moto X Pure faster than Motorola TurboCharger 25

My turbo charger is jenky. It has to be in a certain position otherwise my MXPE won't charge at all with this charger. All other chargers work but charge very slowly

Posted via the Android Central App

deadpenguins

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Re: Can it be possible? A Tronsmart 18W charges a Moto X Pure faster than Motorola TurboCharger 25

I do not have the tronsmart charger, but you have certainly piqued my interest :). If I ever decide to pick to pick up an extra turbo charger, that one will be the first I look at

jojesa

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site

My turbo charger is jenky. It has to be in a certain position otherwise my MXPE won't charge at all with this charger. All other chargers work but charge very slowly
Posted via the Android Central App

It might be faulty, you should return it and get a replacement.

jojesa

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site

Oh! I forgot that when it is plugged to a wall outlet without a device attached to it uses no electricity... 0 watts.

bigbuc

May 28, 2013
Visit site

Oh! I forgot that when it is plugged to a wall outlet without a device attached to it uses no electricity... 0 watts.
wow. that's nice! i was surprised when i first plugged mine in, it said Turbo charge.
if they go on sale again, someone give me s heads-up.

Ichigo91

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site

I have the tronsmart 18W charger, and all I can say is it's super super super fast!!!!

I don't know about the motorola charger though, since it has 3 pins, can't use it.

Shimon Mor

May 5, 2013
Visit site

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

I have charged my Moto X Pure with a Tronsmart 18W charger several times and, on average, it does it 6 minutes faster than the Motorola TurboCharger 25 included with the phone.
Is anyone else using this charger? Isn't the TurboCharger 25, a 25W charger?
Tronsmart 18W is only using Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0 Technology and it costs half of what Motorola wants for the TurboCharger 25.

Tronsmart's testing says their 18W charger is 13 minutes slower than Motorola's TurboPower 25.

Moto X Style Charging Analysis | Tronsmart