Post pictures taken with your Moto X Pure Edition here!

mookiekillsit

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Re: Post pictures taken with your Moto X Pure Edition (Moto X Style) here!

When Motorola advertises it as a "top rated" camera, yea I think certain expectations come with that...

So, at that price point, you thought you'd get a Note type camera? The problem isn't Moto's word usage, it's your unreasonable expectations.

WildH

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site

If I were in that room, the pictures would different. There would only be a plate.

Posted via the Android Central App

mookiekillsit

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site

The Moto X pic of that cake looks solid. Looks like this camera will be able to perform to standards I was expecting. Good job, Moto...... but I still want more :) lol

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site

If I were in that room, the pictures would different. There would only be a plate.

Posted via the Android Central App
It didn't last long #fat

(because this is a camera thread I'll point out I uploaded this through Tapatalk, no idea what they do to the pics as far as compression goes)

ffbb97818abf6da4c4a9f4901264afc3.jpg

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site

So, at that price point, you thought you'd get a Note type camera? The problem isn't Moto's word usage, it's your unreasonable expectations.

Please, tell me then, what phones is the Moto X competing with?

mookiekillsit

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site

Please, tell me then, what phones is the Moto X competing with?

Phones w/in it's price range. Would you not agree or do you get upset that your Mustang doesn't keep up w/ a Viper?

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Last edited by a moderator:

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site

Let's not get too excited about the camera. Found this, which has always been the Motorola camera achilles heel--motion blur.

http://m.imgur.com/a/UzTCb

Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo with Tapatalk Pro.

diesel97

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site

Disagree. Motorola called it a "top rated" camera citing a source that ranks it in the neighborhood of Samsung and iPhone devices.

"top rated " does not have to mean BEST. If your talking Sammy and iphone it can still be top rated out of hundreds of phones

Last edited by a moderator:

diesel97

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site

Let's not get too excited about the camera. Found this, which has always been the Motorola camera achilles heel--motion blur.

Moto X Pure - Album on Imgur

some thing is fishy about those pics , how can you have the same ACTION shots at the same time with two different phones ?

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site

I haven't posted any more outside photos (because the camera does great outside) but I have a bunch of action shots from the park of my 2 year old and there is no blur issue in that setting.

PowrDroid

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site

some thing is fishy about those pics , how can you have the same ACTION shots at the same time with two different phones ?

Have the person walk through the same area as before and take another picture using the other camera? Look closely at the shots, they are different.

In one shot you can see the wedding ring on the guy in the background, in the other you can't. You can also see a large portion of a rectangular frame hanging on a support beam behind the guy walking, in the other shot it's mostly obscured.

chevyman29

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site

Disagree. Motorola called it a "top rated" camera citing a source that ranks it in the neighborhood of Samsung and iPhone devices.

Mod edit: Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

well looking at the photos side by side how can you say its not in the same neighborhood as the note ? I mean saying something is in the ballpark is not the same as saying its BETTER than something else. what everyone should be screaming is why is Samsung charging almost 50% more for a device that is only 5 to 10% better than this device. and it arguable as to whether or not is any better. every Samsung ive owned has always ether really needed an update or just got ruined by an update.

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site

Is there a "Beauty" filter or something similar on the front-facing/selfie camera? That particular shot looks very soft, as if a filter of some type was applied. Or maybe the image was compressed by TapaTalk?

I'm really considering this phone for my next Android; there is so much to like. But I'm definitely concerned about the camera quality.

Not sure if it is caused by road vibration. Here are a couple more from the front facing camera. And I gotta say, I have never taken this many selfies in an entire month, much less than a few days, but this wide angle lens sure makes it more fun (and the quality is awful good for a front-facing camera IMHO).

View attachment 196580View attachment 196581View attachment 196582View attachment 196583

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site

well looking at the photos side by side how can you say its not in the same neighborhood as the note ? I mean saying something is in the ballpark is not the same as saying its BETTER than something else. what everyone should be screaming is why is Samsung charging almost 50% more for a device that is only 5 to 10% better than this device. and it arguable as to whether or not is any better. every Samsung ive owned has always ether really needed an update or just got ruined by an update.

Where have you seen photos side by side with a note 5? That would be news to me.

In what areas do you feel the note 5 is 5 to 10 percent better?

BlueBlazer60

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site

Dim room food shot. One is the Note 4 one is the MXPE

View attachment 196462
View attachment 196463

spoiler/

the top one is the MXPE, the bottom one is the Note 4

/spoiler
On my screen the MXPE picture looks best to my poor eyes. Is the cake platter silver or gold? The nuts [I hope] on the cake in the MXPE pic seem closer to an actual color.

EDIT: You can ignore this comment. After posting it I read deeper into the thread and the answers were there.