No Moto Connect Chrome Extension for Moto X Pure Edition

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
I can seem to find where I can setup texting from the Chrome extension. On the 2nd gen X I went to Connect, and it was there. I see the Connect app on the phone, but no where to setup text messaging with the desktop. Did they remove it?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Re: Moto Connect Chrome Extension

I can seem to find where I can setup texting from the Chrome extension. On the 2nd gen X I went to Connect, and it was there. I see the Connect app on the phone, but no where to setup text messaging with the desktop. Did they remove it?

Is it no longer in Add A Device > Chrome Extension?

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site

myriad46

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site

Same here. Just switched phones. Not sure if that matters.

Posted via the Android Central App

thunderup

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site

I remember having issues when I switched from a '13 to '14 X. Don't remember exactly what I did to resolve it, but I believe I had to remove my old phone before I could connect my new one. I've since moved on to Pushbullet and in my opinion it provides a much better experience than Moto Connect.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

There's a Motorola Connect app update available.

Xg6du0v.png

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Were you using it on a previous Motorola device?

myriad46

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site

How do you disable a device? I removed Moto connect from the old phone. I signed into my Moto ID on the new phone. I removed and reinstalled the chrome extension.

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site

It seems like it's missing from this generation. Maybe they are dumping it because of the extension's horrible reliability rate.View attachment 196587

I have used it on my Chromebook to text extensively for about a year now. It works great for me. What issues did you have with it?

Posted via Android Central App from a beautiful Ebony backed Original Moto X or the amazing Nexus 10

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site

I have used it on my Chromebook to text extensively for about a year now. It works great for me. What issues did you have with it?

Posted via Android Central App from a beautiful Ebony backed Original Moto X or the amazing Nexus 10

While it usually was okay, there were, all too often, occurrences of lag and frequent disconnects. When it worked, it was fabulous. Sadly, it does not work with the XPE at all as there is no way to connect the PE to the extension.

NickA

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site

Yup. Got it. No Chrome Extension listed.

Same here, update but no Chrome extension listed. I'm going to give PushBullet a try again. I tried it when it first came out, and it looks like there have been a bunch of updates to it since then. I switch back and forth between Android and iOS, and I used iMessage on the Macbook all the time. More convenient and saves on my phone's battery.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Will see if we can reach out to someone from Motorola on this.

I don't have the option on my new Moto X.

pmr5019

May 1, 2011
Visit site

Same here, came from my 2013 X. I disconnected the extension from my 2013 Moto X and disconnected the app on my 2013 from the extension but when I go into the connect app on my 2015 Moto X the extension is still not available as an option to add.

I chatted with Moto but that was a giant waste of time. They kept telling me to check with the manufacture or developer to check compatibility even though Moto is both of those things. I might try calling this time.

alphabets

Nov 23, 2009
Visit site

This would be terrible once I get my new Pure. I use Connect for texting on my work pc, home pc, and 3 laptops. I don't like PushBullet.

I also had issues last year when I moved from my 2013 X to the 2014. Eventually I got it worked out with Moto ID's and whatnot, but I hope this isn't a debacle with the Pure.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty