11-07-2016 05:38 AM
619 1234 ...
tools
    There's no way to adjust the different sounds like in other devices? The option was in the Razr.
    No since it is pretty close to a Nexus ROM they don't get separated.
    09-15-2015 09:27 AM
    returning mine, just can't take seeing the whole screen light up for Moto display in darker/dark situations. I didn't think I'd care, but once you see it, next to a Nexus 6 for example, you can't unsee it.
    cathain, bpe4, Vizi and 2 others like this.
    09-15-2015 09:30 AM
    returning mine, just can't take seeing the whole screen light up for Moto display in darker/dark situations. I didn't think I'd care, but once you see it, next to a Nexus 6 for example, you can't unsee it.
    How bright do you have your screen brightness set? I'm expecting that I will be able to live with the tradeoff over my Nexus 6, since I so strongly prefer Moto Display over Stock Ambient Display.
    09-15-2015 09:42 AM
    I can understand why you would return it for that. Personally wished Motorola had gone back to AMOLED.

For me, its not an issue though. The screen is still really good for an ISP display, with relatively deep blacks and vibrant colors. Also, since is only lights up when my hands passes over it, i'm good with it.

I have a Moto 360 on my night stand for a bedside clock.
    09-15-2015 09:53 AM
    I have my brightness set at 30% and it isn't a problem at all. Have you tried turning off the Moto display? If that's your only issue, it's fixable.
    09-15-2015 09:58 AM
    Very glad you said this as it is my main worry with getting the phone. I think I would be the same as you and it would drive me crazy after a short while. Time to keep looking I guess
    09-15-2015 10:33 AM
    The dimple is in the wrong spot for me. I'd like it to be a bit lower. My finger does not rest comfortably where it is located now.
    dmark44 likes this.
    09-15-2015 10:37 AM
    How bright do you have your screen brightness set? I'm expecting that I will be able to live with the tradeoff over my Nexus 6, since I so strongly prefer Moto Display over Stock Ambient Display.
    Screen brightness in on auto and was at about 50% when the phone was on, and believe me I love Moto display, but I've gotten used to Ambient on the N6 and it's been perfectly satisfactory.

I have my brightness set at 30% and it isn't a problem at all. Have you tried turning off the Moto display? If that's your only issue, it's fixable.
    I wouldn't turn off the best feature of the phone

Another note, the white text/black screen was definitely not as vibrant (quite muted actually) as the old Moto Xs/N6(ambient display)
    09-15-2015 10:39 AM
    Not really, but thanks anyway. (I did change that one) The one I'm talking about had the option in the About Phone setting that had a Device Name option. It's no longer there, but I don't know if that's a Moto XPE trait or a 5.1.1 trait. My Note 4 was 5.0.2 and had that option.
    that option is there on 5.1.1 on my Galaxy S6. I have renamed it on this phone, so I'm sad to see it doesn't work on the Moto XPE
    09-15-2015 10:42 AM
    that option is there on 5.1.1 on my Galaxy S6. I have renamed it on this phone, so I'm sad to see it doesn't work on the Moto XPE
    Maybe Motorola took out that option in the Settings? Is there a Developer Options?
    09-15-2015 10:47 AM
    4. Still "being built"
    ^^^ This.
    BlueBlazer60 and Eduardo06sp like this.
    09-15-2015 10:48 AM
    Battery not any better than last year...

Posted via the Android Central App
    I'm getting about 4 hours of SOT per charge. The turbo charging alone is a massive improvement in my mind. If the phone was any bigger for a bigger battery, the size would really start to become a problem. I'm more than happy with the compromise they had to make to get everything to fit in a manageable package.
    diesel97 likes this.
    09-15-2015 10:53 AM
    OK the first thing that's a real negative is no IR Blaster. I mean I knew it coming in, and I'd rather be missing it than some of the stuff that competing phones are missing. But of course on night one of owning this phone I found myself wishing I had the ability to turn on my TV with it. Haha
    Is this why people want an IR blaster? I just download the FIOS app and control everything from the app.
    09-15-2015 11:42 AM
    Maybe Motorola took out that option in the Settings? Is there a Developer Options?
    No option in Developer Options, either. But thanks for the suggestion.
    09-15-2015 11:43 AM
    Where are you exactly seeing this option? I have a Nexus 5 and not sure you can rename the device.
    09-15-2015 11:44 AM
    Where are you exactly seeing this option? I have a Nexus 5 and not sure you can rename the device.
    Settings -> About Phone. When I tap Phone Name, it brings up a box where I can edit the name.

Maybe Samsung added the feature in TouchWiz?

What do you NOT like about YOUR Moto X Pure Edition?-screenshot_2015-09-15-11-00-09.jpg
    09-15-2015 12:03 PM
    There's no way to adjust the different sounds like in other devices? The option was in the Razr.
    Lollipop doesn't do this - only volume for current activity - i.e. if listening to music - volume is for music; if on alarm page - volume is for alarm.

Marshmallow provides the ability to switch volumes you are adjusting - works well

So this behavior should change on the MXPE in a few weeks/months.
    09-15-2015 12:39 PM
    Settings -> About Phone. When I tap Phone Name, it brings up a box where I can edit the name.

Maybe Samsung added the feature in TouchWiz?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2015-09-15-11-00-09.jpg 
Views:	289 
Size:	72.2 KB 
ID:	196888
    That is definitely not a stock Android option. Must have been touchwiz

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
    09-15-2015 12:43 PM
    I hope screen was amoled and battery life could've been little better. All I really want is nearly stock Android, good camera, qhd amoled screen, good battery life. That's it but there isn't a phone like this yet. Maybe new nexus 6?

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
    09-15-2015 12:54 PM
    Just got mine and loving it so far. Coming from Note 4. I'm still installing apps and getting all set up. There's a few oddities for me that I'm sure I'll get used to (the camera app being one for sure). I'd say the biggest thing I have to get used to is no physical home button after 3 Samsung phones in a row. But I can't really complain about much yet. And trust me, if I find something to complain about I'll be back :-)
    You are being too pragmatic! Complain some- let it all out!
    David Rosen likes this.
    09-15-2015 01:34 PM
    I have been enjoying mine since Friday night but I wish that the stock keyboard layout had the numbers at the top instead of having to hit the ?123 key to get there, unless I am missing something. While I am used to having to do that on original Moto X, I got spoiled with my other large screen phones, Note 2 and G Flex 2. Since we have this nice big display, I would prefer the ease of use of the numbers at the top.

Any suggestions?
    09-15-2015 02:13 PM
    got mine today, don't know if I like that it's not an AMOLED display, it's nice but you can tell the whole screen is powering on for Moto Display....
    Thanks for mentioning this. None of the reviews I've watched even touched on this topic. I was/am concerned how this could be more distracting than the notifications on an AMOLED screen.
    09-15-2015 02:18 PM
    only gripes so far is you cant close all recent apps with one push, and also there isn't a silent mode...don't know how that got left out
    09-15-2015 02:20 PM
    I have been enjoying mine since Friday night but I wish that the stock keyboard layout had the numbers at the top instead of having to hit the ?123 key to get there, unless I am missing something. While I am used to having to do that on original Moto X, I got spoiled with my other large screen phones, Note 2 and G Flex 2. Since we have this nice big display, I would prefer the ease of use of the numbers at the top.

Any suggestions?
    Swiftkey
    socal, Bob Terry and captainkirkw like this.
    09-15-2015 02:26 PM
    only gripes so far is you cant close all recent apps with one push, and also there isn't a silent mode...don't know how that got left out
    That's stock Android. It's like that on Nexus devices as well.
    09-15-2015 02:27 PM
619 1234 ...