Moto Maker Redesign

ibleedbloo

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
Anyone gone through the moto maker redesign process? Girlfriend hates her phones colors so she's going to have a Moto Maker redo. Question is will she be able to keep her current Moto X until she receives the replacement or will she need to return it immediately?

Posted via the Android Central App

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
The key phrase she'll need to use with Moto is to request an "Advanced Exchange." They will charge her $24.99 and will be willing to send her the new device prior to receiving the original back. They will also apply a temporary $99 security charge that they'll refund to her after receipt of the original. And they will provide a pre-paid shipping label so she doesn't have to pay additional cost to return it.

If she doesn't like the $24.99 charge and temporary $99 fee, then they'll send her a pre-paid shipping label so she can send her original back first. Then they'll provide her a code to order a new device.

That being said....I've been trying to get my Advance Exchange code since 10/2 with no success. The one they finally gave me today is an invalid code. While theoretically well-meaning, Moto's actual customer service is thoroughly incompetent.

cwise222

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
I have seem reports of both. I know with my RMA I got the code and then when I get the new phone I have ten day window to send back the old one or I am charged about $45 but I have seen reports of both. Some customer care agents will send the code out first, some will insist you send the old phone back first. Seems to be a bit of a wild guess when it comes to Moto customer support.

Edit: Try to avoid doing an advanced exchange. I think that is only for a broken phone, not a redesign. It is also a total nightmare. Tell the agent it is a do over for Moto Maker and it might make everything 100 times easier. Just don't start an advanced exchange from Moto's site; it won't end well

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
I agree. The advanced exchange for my defective device continues to be a nightmare.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

trenchkato

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Anyone gone through the moto maker redesign process? Girlfriend hates her phones colors so she's going to have a Moto Maker redo. Question is will she be able to keep her current Moto X until she receives the replacement or will she need to return it immediately?

Also there was no charge from Motorola.

I must be the only person who had a good experience with the expedited exchange. I sent in an online request for Moto maker do over and within an hour I had a code too use on Motorola's website. My new phone arrived within 10 days and I was able to keep my old phone until then.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
I must be the only person who had a good experience with the expedited exchange.

I envy you. I'm still sitting here with my thumb up you-know-where waiting for them to figure their you-know-what out. It's been 12 calendar days since I started my attempt and I'm still waiting on a working code from these idiots.

I love the Moto concept and love these devices. Between the three generations of them, I have purchase eight total devices for my family and myself (four 2013s, one 2014 and three 2015s). This is the only time I've ever had an issue with one of the devices and my customer service experience has been less than glorious.

ibleedbloo

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
Quick update: I received my PIN for my replacement Moto X. Sounds like the fact that I was simply doing a Moto Maker redo and didn't have a broken phone to replace made my life easier.

I will have 10 after I receive my new phone to return my old phone. I was told by a representative on the phone I'd have to return it immediately, but according to the email they sent me this is not the case.

Process was fairly easy. My new phone is scheduled to arrive on the 27th...hopefully get it a few days early.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mohamed-helmy