Buyer's Remorse?

ezvv

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I had some remorse when the Nexus 6P was announced. However, after hearing people complain about the camera glass spontaneous cracking the remorse ended.

I haven't had wifi issues. In fact the XPE has been the smoothest most bug free phone I have ever used.

I'm the same actually. When they announced both nexus phones I thought man I should've waited. But I had 2014 X and needed a better cell camera for a trip I was taking. Now after seeing a bunch of reviews for both the nexus phones I'm happy with the pure. Now if the pure could take the 6p low light shots, it'd be the perfect phone for me.

Posted via the Android Central App

Westiemom

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Well I thought after all this my order had been cancelled ! Just got off the phone with Motorola and found out that they don't actually charge your card until they ship.

When I ordered Friday night my first order said there was a problem processing my payment and it had been cancelled. So I went back and placed my order again. The second time I verified it went through because I saw the payment "pending" in my account. I didn't actually receive an email from Motorola until Monday morning though.

Today I logged into my bank account and the payment to Motorola was completely gone. Not in pending and not in completed transactions. Because of the problem with the first order I thought it didn't actually go through again so I called. Found out it doesn't actually come out until the phone is shipped. Just in "pending" to verify account.

Anyway, the order is good and they said my phone is being assembled. Payment will come out when the phone is shipped.

Just sharing for what it's worth...

anon(883913)

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Well I thought after all this my order had been cancelled ! Just got off the phone with Motorola and found out that they don't actually charge your card until they ship.

When I ordered Friday night my first order said there was a problem processing my payment and it had been cancelled. So I went back and placed my order again. The second time I verified it went through because I saw the payment "pending" in my account. I didn't actually receive an email from Motorola until Monday morning though.

Today I logged into my bank account and the payment to Motorola was completely gone. Not in pending and not in completed transactions. Because of the problem with the first order I thought it didn't actually go through again so I called. Found out it doesn't actually come out until the phone is shipped. Just in "pending" to verify account.

Anyway, the order is good and they said my phone is being assembled. Payment will come out when the phone is shipped.

Just sharing for what it's worth...

That's odd. When I purchased mine Friday night I logged into my checking account to double check that the funds were transferred over from savings and Motorola had already posted the transaction (not just pending but posted). That was about an hour after I ordered it.

I will be so glad when I get a tracking number from Fedex! Motorola doesn't post updates for several days... Last time when I ordered my Moto X first-gen the email about the device shipping came AFTER the device was delivered to my door!

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Lol I'm excited for you guys!

I've wanted a Moto X since their debut but the size was to small for my liking.

This year I leaped and I'm very happy with the phone. The near stock makes for a very smooth experience.

It suit's me well!

Westiemom

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
That's odd. When I purchased mine Friday night I logged into my checking account to double check that the funds were transferred over from savings and Motorola had already posted the transaction (not just pending but posted). That was about an hour after I ordered it.

I will be so glad when I get a tracking number from Fedex! Motorola doesn't post updates for several days... Last time when I ordered my Moto X first-gen the email about the device shipping came AFTER the device was delivered to my door!

Wow, it sounds like there's not any consistency doesn't it? I sure hope they weren't just placating me and my phone is on the way! Very strange.....

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Maybe I'm getting a free phone! Lol!

Did you get a chance to check out this phone at a best buy or somewhere like that?

I usually have to see/try a phone before purchase. This time I took a chance and was quite pleasantly surprised

Ryaan Johnson

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site
My wifi works great and very strong. My blue tooth has no problems and works great. My reception with the mxpe is great. I get signal where my Samsung never did.

Westiemom

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Did you get a chance to check out this phone at a best buy or somewhere like that?

I usually have to see/try a phone before purchase. This time I took a chance and was quite pleasantly surprised

No, I sure didn't. I have a friend with the X 2014 but I've not seen the XP. :)

Greatsrj23

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
I just bought the phone tonight and set it up. Everything seems to be working fine so far. Called Verizon to make sure it was activated and it is. I'm already having regret because of the size of the phone. I'm coming from the Moto X 2013. I really just about everything about that phone. The only problem is the battery life. I thought i'd try the MXPE because it would be a familiar experience but in a better body. The battery is a lot better, more ram and it has an SD card slot. I'm just not sure I can get over the screen size. There isn't really anything else out there that I really want. I really wish Moto released a phone with a 5.2 screen or less this year. I've thought about the Nexus 5X and that sounds perfect except i'm on Verizon and even though some people got theirs working I'm still not convinced. If I could buy it from a store like Best Buy then I would try it. So i'm going to try and give the phone a week and see if I get used to the size at all. Otherwise i'll got back to the 2013 until something more my size comes out.

anon(883913)

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
I just bought the phone tonight and set it up. Everything seems to be working fine so far. Called Verizon to make sure it was activated and it is. I'm already having regret because of the size of the phone. I'm coming from the Moto X 2013. I really just about everything about that phone. The only problem is the battery life. I thought i'd try the MXPE because it would be a familiar experience but in a better body. The battery is a lot better, more ram and it has an SD card slot. I'm just not sure I can get over the screen size. There isn't really anything else out there that I really want. I really wish Moto released a phone with a 5.2 screen or less this year. I've thought about the Nexus 5X and that sounds perfect except i'm on Verizon and even though some people got theirs working I'm still not convinced. If I could buy it from a store like Best Buy then I would try it. So i'm going to try and give the phone a week and see if I get used to the size at all. Otherwise i'll got back to the 2013 until something more my size comes out.

I still haven't gotten mine (shipped last night. est. delivery on Friday) but I played with one of the floor models at Best Buy and it seemed large but not exceedingly so (it's hard to hold them in hand at stores because of the security cords). I tend to watch a lot of movies / YouTube on my phone so I'm hoping that the size is manageable on the day to day use but amazing when watching content.

Greatsrj23

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
I still haven't gotten mine (shipped last night. est. delivery on Friday) but I played with one of the floor models at Best Buy and it seemed large but not exceedingly so (it's hard to hold them in hand at stores because of the security cords). I tend to watch a lot of movies / YouTube on my phone so I'm hoping that the size is manageable on the day to day use but amazing when watching content.

Yeah those stupid security things they have on the phones make it impossible to know how it will feel in your hand normally. I figured that since I can return it (and since it's the holiday season I have until January 15th but it has to be in pristine condition) I figured i'd try it out. It's not looking good though. I hope you enjoy it better than I am. If it wasn't for the screen size i'd love it because it's basically the same experience as i'm used to only with some upgrades.

thejesse

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site

Give it a few days. You may adjust to the size.

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
The 5x is the perfect weight and it's thin. But the Height X Width isn't that much different than phones with bigger screens.

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
Yeah those stupid security things they have on the phones make it impossible to know how it will feel in your hand normally.

I hate those things. I wish I could try to hold a Turbo 2 without one when I go into the Verizon store.

My best buy still has not put out a display MXPE model yet even though there's a display set up for it. They keep a couple of them locked away for sale.

When they first got it in, they got one out of the cabinet for me to look at untethered, which was nice. But, it wasn't charged and they were anxious to put it back away since it was for sale.

Westiemom

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
My husband just got the Nexus 6 at Verizon today and man that thing is huge, but it is gorgeous! He is a big guy so he loves the size. I've messed with it some tonight and I couldn't live with the size of it. Maybe the XP will seem just right after handling the 6.

My XP is supposed to be here Friday too so well see!

Was going to add that the guy at Verizon took the 6 off the security cord so my hubby could see how it felt. So they can do that ....

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
I've had it for one week now. When I pick up my MXPE, the screen & size still feels like a little bit of overkill -- sometimes.

I will admit that besides the obvious multimedia advantages, typing and swiping on the Google keyboard is great on this big screen!

Last edited:

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
No remorse from me.

Motorola's software experience is big for me. Moto Display even on an LCD is better for me than a Notification LED. And I like Moto Display more than AOSP Ambient Display. I'll take the extra commands that Moto Voice brings over the basic OK Google voice commands. And Moto Assist's Driving Mode is huge for me on my long commute.

Plus the price was right.

Because of these features, I'll pick the Moto X Pure Edition over any of the current flagships (Nexus 6P, Note 5, S6).

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
No remorse from me.

Motorola's software experience is big for me. Moto Display even on an LCD is better for me than a Notification LED. And I like Moto Display more than AOSP Ambient Display. I'll take the extra commands that Moto Voice brings over the basic OK Google voice commands. And Moto Assist's Driving Mode is huge for me on my long commute.

Plus the price was right.

Because of these features, I'll pick the Moto X Pure Edition over any of the current flagships (Nexus 6P, Note 5, S6).

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition

I have to agree!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress