Android 6.0 Marshmallow for the Moto X Pure Edition (24.11.18)

MTeator

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site
Re: Android 6.0 Marshmallow for the Moto X Pure Edition

From what I've heard it wasn't needed the phone came updated with the stagefright patch

That's not all the patches. Google has Oct and Nov patches for 5.

My sad Nexus 6 on at&t gets them since at&t won't approve marshmallow for it.

thejesse

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site

I think my battery is about the same. No changes. I don't really see how Doze helps. It only works when the phone is immobile. My phone is either on my belt clip or in my pocket or in hand. So through the day, Doze will never enable. The only time Doze would enable is when the phone is on my desk while I'm asleep. But at this point, the phone is plugged in. So, for me, Doze is pretty useless.

From the AC article about Doze:

Who sets their phone down for extended periods of time? I'm sure some people do, but most have it in their sweaty little hands or in their pockets. The only time people set down their phone for any length of time is while they sleep. And, I believe, most people charge their phone overnight. There are those who don't..so I can see Doze as a benefit for them..but why not just plug it in? Wake up with 100%.

If there is one thing I have leaned from these forums it is that a shocking number of people do not charge their phones overnight. (A similarly baffling number also refuse to charge on their commute too.)

Posted via the Android Central App

shinytoy

Nov 3, 2015
Visit site

Did marshmallow improve performance on the pure?
The minor lags that were reported, and the speed of apps loading, that was reported as being better on the Nexus 6p.
In other words, can we now determine whether those issues were/are hardware related, or just the OS?

Jheebs

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Did marshmallow improve performance on the pure?
The minor lags that were reported, and the speed of apps loading, that was reported as being better on the Nexus 6p.
In other words, can we now determine whether those issues were/are hardware related, or just the OS?

I'm almost certain MM will not improve the lag on this phone all that much. The problem is the crappy 808 processor Moto chose to use in the MXPE. Don't get me wrong, I love my pure, but I would have been MUCH happier if they just stayed with the 805. It is a much snappier processor, and even intense gaming barely gets it even a tad warm. Sure, the 808 may beat it in benchmark tests, but in real world use, the 805 makes the 808 feel slooow. I have a 1st edition Turbo and also had an N6, and they both fly compared to the MXPE. So unless Moto tweaks the processor code, I doubt MM will improve performance all that much.

krazyatom

Trusted Member
Jan 4, 2015
Visit site

I'm almost certain MM will not improve the lag on this phone all that much. The problem is the crappy 808 processor Moto chose to use in the MXPE. Don't get me wrong, I love my pure, but I would have been MUCH happier if they just stayed with the 805. It is a much snappier processor, and even intense gaming barely gets it even a tad warm. Sure, the 808 may beat it in benchmark tests, but in real world use, the 805 makes the 808 feel slooow. I have a 1st edition Turbo and also had an N6, and they both fly compared to the MXPE. So unless Moto tweaks the processor code, I doubt MM will improve performance all that much.

I always thought that nexus 6 was slowest. I never had nexus 6 but most of app opening speed review shows that nexus 6 is slower.

shinytoy

Nov 3, 2015
Visit site

I don't know from experience as I am torn between the Pure and the N6P.
There where reports of some lag here and there on the Pure.
But I've seen from video reviews, that stuff like web pages loading, are faster on the N6P than the Pure.
Also Michael Fisher who is not a nexus fanboy by any means and is reliable, also acknowledged at the time, that overall performance is snappier on the N6P

Jheebs

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site

What lag?

Nothing major, just slight hesitations here and there that my Turbo never had. I probably made it sound worse than it actually is. I'm downloading the OTA right now, we'll see how she runs soon. Check for update folks!

soma4society

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Re: Downloading OTA right now. ..

Oh yeah, I'm in...lol...

Posted via my Mate 7 or my Moto X Pure

Attachments

• 10039.jpg
    10039.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 115

Unobtanium

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site

Where are you guys? Is this the soak test you're getting? Thanks!

Story is on the main AC page. Full rollout to MXPE on Verizon, Sprint, and U.S. Cellular. No idea why AT&T and/or T-Mobile are delayed.

Posted from my XT1575

ASD Dad

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site

Got my update just now. Verizon in South Carolina!

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site

My MXPE has been super smooth since I've gotten it. I haven't noticed any lag. Especially compared to my 2013 Moto X, which after a factory reset is still prone to lag on lollipop.

Westiemom

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site

Me too! Downloading now.....
Verizon in Tennessee..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress