Switch to Galaxy s7 edge

mrones

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
Well I got sucked into the hype, pre order and just activated yesterday, well after 24 I know it's going back..Screen is beautiful but very sensitive just touching the edges makes it react, also apps are crashing left and right , what's app, Amazon, many apps..screen freezing on you tube so I have to close the app to reboot, battery life is better than the Moto X and the always on screen is nice as well though you can't interact with it.. Overall I found the phone too buggy and quirky..

Posted via the Android Central App

thejesse

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
It is certainly a tempting phone. I, however, avoid Samsung because I don't want to contribute to an Apple/Samsung duopoly.

telrod11

May 8, 2013
Visit site
Sitting here with a buggy ATT branded S5 on 5.1.1, and can imagine how the shiny new S7 will be in the same shape in a year or so. Great phone; Wish Moto would adopt some of the features Sammy has, but will not get sucked into a lesser OS experience again....

mrones

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
I wanted the Edge for the bigger battery and the screen however once i got it i very soon realized the Edge screen is so sensitive that the normal way i carry and handle the phone made it react and act up.. Battery life is very good compared to the Moto and the screen resolution is amazing.. However the buggy performance and the constant freezes and crashing apps makes it useless , most likley i have a defective phone however instead of taking my chance with a new unit ..i am happily going back to Moto

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I wanted the Edge for the bigger battery and the screen however once i got it i very soon realized the Edge screen is so sensitive that the normal way i carry and handle the phone made it react and act up.. Battery life is very good compared to the Moto and the screen resolution is amazing.. However the buggy performance and the constant freezes and crashing apps makes it useless , most likley i have a defective phone however instead of taking my chance with a new unit ..i am happily going back to Moto

That's cool. Did you try a different launcher to see if that could alleviate some of the issues you were having?

mrones

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
I tried both the original and than installed the Google now launcher.. Which for me coming from the Moto was the easiest.. I did like the fact you can customize the themes, black material design on a black phone looked awesome

Shimon Mor

May 5, 2013
Visit site
...also apps are crashing left and right...Overall I found the phone too buggy and quirky..

Not to make excuses for Samsung...but you were an early adopter and I suspect those issues will (eventually) get resolved. Although, as a former Samsung user...they were slow to update.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa