Moto X 2014 Anyone with Oct 23rd delivery date got theirs yet?

BruceWeber

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site
I ordered my Moto X 2nd gen on 9/30 and have a 10/23 delivery date. Here's my configuration:

Verizon
32GB
Black Leather
Black front
Orange trim

If you have, post your order date, actual delivery date, and configuration please. Be sure to list your carrier.

Thanks!

Haunted_Toaster

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Re: Anyone with Oct 23rd delivery date got theirs yet?

Ordered mine the 27th, had a due date of 10/22. Received on 10/1....no notifications it shipped until 5 days after I got it.

Verizon
32 GB
Ebony back
Black front
Orange trim

Rick Jacobs

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site

Ordered on September 30th...scheduled delivery date October 23rd. Got an email stating it was being assembled just 4 hours after I placed the order. Drives me up the wall to see others who ordered after but have already received, while I'm waiting.

Chalk back
Black front
Orange trim
32 gig
Verizon

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site

I have a verizon 32gb black front bamboo back dark trim with a 10/23 date and no shipping yet

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site

Order mine on Oct 1st havent got an email yet it was suppose to be here Oct 9th.32gb Black front red back olive trim pure edtion I to am upset about others getting it and not me.. Talked to Motorola they said delayed for 3 weeks.. That a month of waiting. -_-

dunamis

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site

Ordered on Sept 29th with ETA Oct 23.

Verizon 32GB
Leather Cognac
Silver trims..

NO ETA email...starting to get little frustrated. I can't even do the FEDEX Delivery Manager cause I have shipped to a business address...

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site

Ordered on Sept 29th with ETA Oct 23.

Verizon 32GB
Leather Cognac
Silver trims..

NO ETA email...starting to get little frustrated. I can't even do the FEDEX Delivery Manager cause I have shipped to a business address...

You wont get an ETA email. Your eta is 10/23.

Green_Laser

Sep 4, 2010
Visit site

I have a verizon 32gb black front bamboo back dark trim with a 10/23 date and no shipping yet

same combo as you, ordered 9/27

I didn't get mine
wife got her 32gb
(ordered at same time, same order, same order number)

WednesdayThursdayFriday right?
:confused:

To add to that, got email today that my order being delayed further

Excuse me for the quick rant, but maybe around half the mobile people are iphoners, other half androiders which are divided among many different manufacturers (not forgetting windows and BB folk, just a very rough est.) - though by the looks of how this is unfolding, makes it look like motorola has very little shelf space for 32gb memory :-(

Last edited:

grn4frk

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Ordered 9/30
32g Verizon
Black leather
Olive green accents

Eta is 10/23..said they were building my phone the same night I ordered it. I'm not complaining too much since it told me the eta was 23rd when I ordered it but I'm still hoping it comes sooner! 🙏🙏

Posted via the Android Central App - Moto X (1st Gen.)

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site

I order the day after you and mine was the 9th and still no phone.. It might be end of the month or first week in Nov we get our phones.. The guy at Motorola told me 3 more weeks till I even get my phone :/

JRuppenthal

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
Anyone with Oct 23rd delivery date got theirs yet?

Ordered 9/18. 32GB Pure Edition, black leather back, silver trim. My original delivery date was 10/13. That isn't happening according to FedEx. Delivery was moved to the 17th, but when I checked on Friday, I was told two different things by two different reps: one said it had moved to the 20th, possibly later, the other told me I'd have it no later than tomorrow, the 13th. Said it was built and waiting to be picked up by FedEx...which is what I had been told 10 days ago. The truth is they don't know a damn thing. Meanwhile, I know of 5 people at least who ordered after me and received identical configurations within days. The phone can't be cancelled, and since I used Motorola financing, neither can the charge. I did receive a statement from them saying the first payment is due...and I have nothing to show for it.

Someone suggested taking this to Twitter, which I have done. We'll see if that produces any results. All I want is someone to tell the truth about this situation and explain the delays and discrepancies in this order/delivery process. Take to Twitter and let them know! #motorola #motorolasupport #wheresmymotox

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site

While it is called 'motorola credit' it's not actually a bank owned by motorola. You can still file a dispute against any of those charges through the Comenity bank customer service.

Although you may not have any luck. Clearly the charge is authorized, your ETA hasn't arrived yet, and I believe it is legal to charge someone at the time of order (as opposed to time of shipping) for something that is custom made.

Here's the process though. It's pretty straightforward.

http://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0221-billed-merchandise-you-never-received-heres-what-do

Last edited:

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site

Still haven't received mine:

32gb Verizon
Walnut back
Black front
Orange trim Ordered Sept. 29th
Est delivery October 23rd

I got the "Assembling it" email a few hours later. Reps have no idea what's going on.

Rick Jacobs

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site

I think the fact that they are charging our CC upon ordering and not shipping is why they are not allowing changes to the order. I did not think they were allowed to charge the card until it ships.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

I was told last week mine was suppose to ship on Oct.21,2014
I called when my Credit Card had been charged.
At that time I was told it was already built
That I should have it Oct. 23,2014
I ordered it late on Oct. 1,2014
32GB
Navy Blue Leather back
Black front
Royal Blue Accents
Hopefully I get it on Oct 23.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

I did not think they were allowed to charge the card until it ships.

The credit card company actually doesn't know if its been shipped or not though.I don't think they get informed on that

sculchy1

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site

I was told last week mine was suppose to ship on Oct.21,2014
I called when my Credit Card had been charged.
At that time I was told it was already built
That I should have it Oct. 23,2014
I ordered it late on Oct. 1,2014
32GB
Navy Blue Leather back
Black front
Royal Blue Accents
Hopefully I get it on Oct 23.

I have the same build as you with the addition of engraving. Ordered at approximately 1:00 PM on 9/26 and an estimated delivery date of 10/27. Mine is a Verizon model and I had to go to the store to get a PIN in order to upgrade a line on a business account.

geecka

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site

I think the fact that they are charging our CC upon ordering and not shipping is why they are not allowing changes to the order. I did not think they were allowed to charge the card until it ships.

Everyone keeps saying this, but everything I've ever ordered "custom" has been paid for upfront. Etsy charges immediately and ships whenever the custom goods are made. Custom jewelry from $ to $$$$ is always charged immediately and may ship days/weeks later.

Large department stores (Target/Macy's/Sears) don't charge until shipping, but I don't think it's "law", I think it's just because they don't want to deal with the backlash when (not if, when) they drop the occasional ball and it's probably tied to inventory control as well.

Sure, the argument could be made that Motorola is big enough they shouldn't be charging until they ship - but my guess is that it's related to the customization options.

(My 10/1 Ebony/White/Blue 32GB AT&T arrived 10/7 even though ETA was 10/23.)

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site

Geecka I order mine the same day as you and it was suppose to be here last thursday.. And still not here. I'm pissed

geecka

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site

Any updates on your Motorola account? I'd be annoyed if mine had been late.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexpall