Moto X 2014 To the people with "perfect" wood backs

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
When you push down on the wood back is there *any* place where you hear the crackle/snapping sound of adhesive popping off? While my back is not peeling in any corner, and normal handling seems great, if I press down on the back with my thumb between the dimple and the camera, or to the left between the dimple and camera, it feels and sounds like either the adhesive isn't fully set or there is a gap behind the wood.

Just wondering if I'm being overly sensitive after reading all of the peeling back stories.

jleakey

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
Re: To the people with "perfect" wood backs

I haven't had that happen I am getting a little separation at the bottom corner. I just know with wood there is always going to be some expansion and contraction so not all that worried about it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T217A using Tapatalk

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site

Yeah, it sounds like you might be trying to hard to find a problem. I don't have any spots like you describe, but I'm also bit going to press very hard between the simple and the camera to see if the is a creak. With my luck, I'd introduce a problem.

Posted via the Android Central App

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site

There's one spot with my bamboo model that has the occasional "snap" sound but there is no physical feel or give to it and it isn't something that gives me any concerns. The back feels very solid, has no movement or give and seems to be very firm in place.

arrowsun

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site

Yeah, it sounds like you might be trying to hard to find a problem. I don't have any spots like you describe, but I'm also bit going to press very hard between the simple and the camera to see if the is a creak. With my luck, I'd introduce a problem.

Exactly. It's like some kind of weird paranoia. And to answer the OP's question: No. (Ebony back.)

Stang68

Mar 15, 2010
Visit site

Yeah...No. Not going to do this.

chris20nyy

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
Well about 5 days in, I noticed some separation, bamboo back. Barely. Its not even raised beyond the metal lip. And it hasn't gotten any worse.

I notified customer support, have another coming this Tues. I'm not sure if I'm even gonna switch. This phone has been beyond perfect otherwise. Battery, screen etc. Unless the other one can match it without question I'm probably just going to send it back. I have it in a supcase anyway, looks awesome with the back and it keeps it from separating any further I suppose..

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
My right hand bottom side has risen just above the metal. Not sure if I should worry or not but Moto is sending me another one in a few days. I wanna see if its any better. I did the Advance Exchange last night. Waiting for shipping info now. I will report back on my findings.

brandonx1000

rule the air.
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Mine does this, too. I would've never noticed this if it wasn't pointed out. Everything else is fine, and this has no effect on the device.
mine is perfect, three days old. and yea i hear it. only when i press the bamboo right between the camera and the "M". I'd never have noticed if you hadn't pointed it out. thanks. jerk :p

i woodn't consider it a flaw. it's just the nature of the phone

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
My right hand bottom side has risen just above the metal. Not sure if I should worry or not but Moto is sending me another one in a few days. I wanna see if its any better. I did the Advance Exchange last night. Waiting for shipping info now. I will report back on my findings.

Ugh. You were my last hope lol. I was like "well this guy's phone is fine so maybe.." Anyway my ebony is on the truck for delivery. I'm thinking I may just get a refund. I don't want to always worry about it.

Posted via Android Central App

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Ugh. You were my last hope lol. I was like "well this guy's phone is fine so maybe.." Anyway my ebony is on the truck for delivery. I'm thinking I may just get a refund. I don't want to always worry about it.

Posted via Android Central App

Well when I called Moto they seemed aware of the issue. I think its more known with the bamboo than anything else. Test it out and see how it goes. They will cover it if it comes apart.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38