Moto x paly lagging issue

Azhar Alfa

Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
Hi all,
I'm using this mobile since may - 2015

Recently it's started lagging issue. For that i uninstalled so many apps including face book , eventhogh it's just hanging. No third party apps at all exclude vidmate. But I have lots of video files nearly 20 GB . Pls help TO solve it

Internal memory: 32 GB external :32 GB

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
It seems you are using an SD card set as external/portable storage, right? You could try unmounting it temporarily and see if the same lag persists.

I agree with B. Diddy, a cache partition wipe could be the first thing to try. Also, clear cache in settings - storage & USB - internal storage - cached data and then restart the phone.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Hello all,
I wiped out the cache partition even though it's lagging. 😥 Better to change
iphone.
Well, if you think an iPhone is going to make you happy, just go for it. I'm not sure if it's the best option coming from the X Play though. Most people that bought this phone did it for some specific reasons: excellent big screen, amazing battery life, SD card, dual SIM, Moto features, very affordable price and a good performance (not the fastest out there, but good enough). Most of these are absent in the iPhones and to get a big screen you'll need to pay a lot more money.

Anyway. The lag you're experiencing is not normal and, as I said, there are some procedures that could help before throwing the phone away.

- Make sure you have the latest system version in settings - about phone - system updates.

- Check your battery stats and your running apps and see if there is something unusual there.

- Clear cached data in settings - storage and restart the phone.

- Unmount the SD card and use the phone for a couple of days without it.

- If nothing works, backup all your data and perform a factory reset.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Just to confirm what Javier had asked about -- the card was formatted as Portable Storage, right?

You mentioned 20 GB of video files -- are these files downloaded from somewhere on the web, or did you take the videos with your camera app? If you downloaded them from the web, there's always the possibility of malware somewhere (especially if you downloaded movies from a "free" movie site).

To see if the lag comes from the system or something you installed, try booting into Safe Mode: https://motorola-global-en-uk.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/106497/p/30,6720,9392