Moto X Stuck on Logo Screen, Bootloader won't go into "Recovery"

E24M

Jan 15, 2018
Visit site
Hello all,

I'm having some issues with my Moto X 1st Gen (XT1053). At first, the issue was random rebooting, but at one point the phone was stuck and so I restarted it. When the phone rebooted, it was stuck on the Motorola logo screen. I have tried pressing the POWER + VOLUME DOWN keys to attempt to get into "Recovery" in order to "wipe cache partition", but when I select "Recovery" using the VOLUME UP button, the phone goes right back into the logo screen, and then either stays on that screen or immediately powers off.

At this point I can't think of anything else that could fix this issue, and I would appreciate any help..

My Moto X device is running Android 4.4.4 (Kernel version: 3.4.42-g65e64e4 (hudsoncm@ilclbld52), Build Number: KXA21.12-L1.29.1.).

Thanks.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Hello and welcome to the forums at Android Central!
I'll ask other members that are more familiar with Motorola's devices.
Hope your issue gets resolved soon.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. Volume up and power should be recovery. Once there, you will see a no command screen. (I always get confused on this step) Press and hold power and click volume up once more. If that doesn't get you into recovery reverse the steps, holding volume and clicking power. Once you get past that, you should see the normal recovery screen.

E24M

Jan 15, 2018
Visit site
Hey Golfdriver97, thanks a lot for your response.

I've tried the options you suggested, and I even reversed the steps. Unfortunately, the only thing that happens when I press VOLUME UP + POWER is that the Motorola logo screen shows up, and after 2-3 seconds, the phone powers off.

I had been trying VOLUME DOWN + POWER to get into Bootloader (which I have managed to do), and then I use VOLUME DOWN to scroll down to "Recovery" and VOLUME UP to select that option, but that also takes me to the Motorola logo screen and the phone powering off...

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hey Golfdriver97, thanks a lot for your response.

I've tried the options you suggested, and I even reversed the steps. Unfortunately, the only thing that happens when I press VOLUME UP + POWER is that the Motorola logo screen shows up, and after 2-3 seconds, the phone powers off.

I had been trying VOLUME DOWN + POWER to get into Bootloader (which I have managed to do), and then I use VOLUME DOWN to scroll down to "Recovery" and VOLUME UP to select that option, but that also takes me to the Motorola logo screen and the phone powering off...
Not sure what to suggest. You might have a hardware problem causing the phone to not boot. You can try the suggested action by the poster above me. Can't hurt to try.

krishsum

Dec 19, 2019
Visit site
Hello E24M,
I'm facing the exact same problem with my Motorola X Mobile now
I tried going into the recovery mode and it is the same as it was for you...

Can you please help me in resolving this !!

thank you very much...!

E24M

Jan 15, 2018
Visit site
Hello!
I'm sorry to hear about your Moto X. Unfortunately, I have not been able to resolve the issue, and I still have the same problem with my Moto X to this day.

Sorry I can't be more helpful. If you do ever figure it out, please let me know, as I would love to resurrect my own Moto.

Best of luck :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Exoduss