Battery Life of the Moto Z Force DROID Edition

ShinyTop

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
When I first got my Z Force it only went down abut 4% a night. Then it started about 40-50% a night. I realized I had installed a dash cam app that was in waiting impact mode. Uninstalled that and back to 4% a night.

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
I don't know about any of you, but this is some absolutely spectacular battery life on the Z Force... without the battery mod! On pace for well over 8 hours SOT with about a day and a half between charges. Needless to say, I'm thrilled with the battery on the Z Force. I'm not sure how Lenovo did it considering the battery is smaller than the Turbo and T2, but they managed to make the battery last even longer.

Attachments

• 74014.jpg
    74014.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 94

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I don't know about any of you, but this is some absolutely spectacular battery life on the Z Force... without the battery mod! On pace for well over 8 hours SOT with about a day and a half between charges. Needless to say, I'm thrilled with the battery on the Z Force. I'm not sure how Lenovo did it considering the battery is smaller than the Turbo and T2, but they managed to make the battery last even longer.
Man that is awesome. I am amazed by my battery life also. I go to the extreme and disable everything. I also shut everything down at night. Even with all that I still am amazed. It's as good as my turbo was in the beginning.

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Man that is awesome. I am amazed by my battery life also. I go to the extreme and disable everything. I also shut everything down at night. Even with all that I still am amazed. It's as good as my turbo was in the beginning.

I think part of the trick is the standby. The battery just does not drop when the phone is not actively being used.

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I think part of the trick is the standby. The battery just does not drop when the phone is not actively being used.
Taking a 200 mile work trip tomorrow so we shall see how well it does, gps and 4g. Im at 63% with 23 hours. I wont charge overnight and see how it goes.

Revolutionary

May 12, 2010
Visit site

I agree with this. I've actually noticed that it uses more battery when on Wi-Fi and unused than it does when only on LTE. Unlike literally every phone I've ever owned.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I agree with this. I've actually noticed that it uses more battery when on Wi-Fi and unused than it does when only on LTE. Unlike literally every phone I've ever owned.

Wonder if it's more active in checking for updates/status/etc when on WiFi, and maybe does so less often on LTE to reduce data usage?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
First full day of use -

Note: I don't turn anything off. GPS - high accuracy. Bluetooth always on and paired with a first gen Moto 360. Wi-Fi always on even when I'm not connected to a Wi-Fi network. NFC always on. Screen brightness was set to half-way.

I charged to 100% and took it off the charger at around 12:30 AM.

Got down to 10% by 10:05 PM.

I'm impressed.

Also - the new USB-C TurboCharger is awesome.

10% to 73% in 33 minutes.

ericf4

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
First full day for me and I'm shocked at battery. I have a Tumi wireless mod battery on my force. It's been off charger for 9.5 hours and I have 48% left on the Tumi and 100% on the main battery. That's amazing. Wifi on Bluetooth on, etc.

cb2367

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I just upgraded to this phone from the droid turbo. It would seem the battery on the droid z force is the same as the turbo. I haven't been heavily using the droid z force, but out of the box the battery was at 78% and it charged quickly to 100%. With occasional use, it's dropped to around 80% after just a few hours.

Posted via the Android Central App

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
First full day for me and I'm shocked at battery. I have a Tumi wireless mod battery on my force. It's been off charger for 9.5 hours and I have 48% left on the Tumi and 100% on the main battery. That's amazing. Wifi on Bluetooth on, etc.

I think you'll quickly come to the same realization that I did - the battery life is so good that you don't need the battery mod except for in extreme situations.

I'm on pace for over 7 hours SOT and over 42 hours total.

Attachments

• 74168.jpg
    74168.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 57

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
I just upgraded to this phone from the droid turbo. It would seem the battery on the droid z force is the same as the turbo. I haven't been heavily using the droid z force, but out of the box the battery was at 78% and it charged quickly to 100%. With occasional use, it's dropped to around 80% after just a few hours.

Posted via the Android Central App

I agree with this. But the Turbo had great battery life, so this is a good thing. Plus, the Z Force does it with a smaller battery and a bigger screen, which is impressive.

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I think you'll quickly come to the same realization that I did - the battery life is so good that you don't need the battery mod except for in extreme situations.

I'm on pace for over 7 hours SOT and over 42 hours total.
I know everyone's use is different but I'm pretty jealous of that. I'm tracking about 24 hours and 5 hours screen on time.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non