OWNERS: What do you NOT LIKE about your Moto Z Force DROID?

zett40

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
The only thing I don't like is the battery, I turn off everything when not needed and still can't come close to what some claim they get. Typical usage 2.5 hours SOT and maybe 2 to 3 hours phone calls and I am almost dead, very little social media and apps, not the end of the world but should be better than I am getting.

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
^That is bad. If you post some battery stats, especially using an app like gsam battery monitor we might be able to help. In general, you might have really bad signal that drains battery, an app or apps running in the background that shouldn't or a bad unit that needs to be replaced.

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
The only thing I don't like is the battery, I turn off everything when not needed and still can't come close to what some claim they get. Typical usage 2.5 hours SOT and maybe 2 to 3 hours phone calls and I am almost dead, very little social media and apps, not the end of the world but should be better than I am getting.

This is with the Force? I use my phone a ton and this is by far the best battery I have ever had on a phone. Had the G4 before this phone which had a 3000 mah battery and with only 500 more on the Force I get twice as much time.

Really sounds like there is something wrong going on.

zett40

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Thank you! Installing gsam now, this is my second Z force and battery is the same. I will run it another day after full charge and post the results.

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Thank you! Installing gsam now, this is my second Z force and battery is the same. I will run it another day after full charge and post the results.
If this is your second one to do this I'm suspecting really poor signal and/or some apps running rogue in the background. Give it a day or so and grab some screen shots. It's especially important to see what apps are using the most battery and your signal strength.

zett40

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
If this is your second one to do this I'm suspecting really poor signal and/or some apps running rogue in the background. Give it a day or so and grab some screen shots. It's especially important to see what apps are using the most battery and your signal strength.

Thanks again for the help, here are a few from today, off battery for about 3 hours and at 76 percent. I did stream about 45 minutes of audio and made about hour of calls. I'll post more at end of day. Screenshot_20161004-105230.jpgScreenshot_20161004-105239.jpg

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
One bar of reception...Is that normal?

My first thought, too - weak signal, and 3G to boot. Weak signal will kill the battery.

Also, one hour of display on in 3 hours. That's a lot of screen on time in such a short period. (Interesting that "phone" is crossed off, but it shows up in app suckers.)

I don't use Instagram, but if there is a way to turn off background updates, I'd consider that as well. You can catch up when you actually open the app.

The fact that GSAM is high on the list suggests to me that the issue is more with poor signal than app use, though.

hotshotazn

Aug 4, 2016
Visit site
The fact that GSAM is high on the list suggests to me that the issue is more with poor signal than app use, though.

Couldn't agree more.

Also agree about Instagram. Unless you absolutely need to see your notifications on the app icon, I would turn off background updates.

Mike-Mike

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
The volume could be better on calls. I find I have to use the speaker phone, as I did on the two razrs that preceded this device.

Anyone else have this issue? i had the original Droid Turbo and it had a low earpiece volume. I never had that issue with Samsung or LG

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Thanks again for the help, here are a few from today, off battery for about 3 hours and at 76 percent. I did stream about 45 minutes of audio and made about hour of calls. I'll post more at end of day. View attachment 241370View attachment 241371
Another app I would install is called Signal Check Lite. It will show you what your actual signal strength is. Post some screen shots. The higher the number the worse it is. Here's my story....... I'll try to keep it short.

I had a bad 4g signal for years. Mine was an average of -120 to -125. I couldn't hold a 4g signal and was forced onto WiFi or 3g.
Before I bought the Z Force I made several calls to Verizon. I refused to give up. I now have a 4g network extender. But I had to call several times and threaten to leave with several accounts.
But be careful they don't try to force you into a 3g network extender. You pay for 4g so why shouldn't you get what you pay for.

If your phone is searching for a signal that will drain your battery fast. Be sure if you go into location settings and touch the menu 3 buttons top right of the screen, scanning should pop up. Touch that and shut off wifi and Bluetooth scanning unless you need them. That will also drain your battery.

At night I shut off 4g and touch the 3 menu button and restrict background data. Calls and texts still come through. But it's my data and I don't allow apps to use it in the background unless I'm using that app.

I hope these help. From your screen shots I suspect a bad signal strength. But I could be wrong. Give it a try and see.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
But be careful they don't try to force you into a 3g network extender. You pay for 4g so why shouldn't you get what you pay for.

Well, a 4G LTE extender requires that you have internet connectivity with 5 Mbps upload and 10 Mbps download minimum though Verizon recommend 10 Mbps down and 20 Mbps up. If you don't have that from your internet provider, make sure that you upgrade, or go for the 3G extender. Also be aware that it has about a 50' radius maximum.

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Well, a 4G LTE extender requires that you have internet connectivity with 5 Mbps upload and 10 Mbps download minimum though Verizon recommend 10 Mbps down and 20 Mbps up. If you don't have that from your internet provider, make sure that you upgrade, or go for the 3G extender. Also be aware that it has about a 50' radius maximum.

Both very good points. Thank you for pointing that out.
I have found the 50' radius to be way low. I actually have to remember that I am connected to it when I leave the house. For me I can get almost a block away before it disconnects, and disconnects any call I might be on. Verizon had an option to add certain telephone numbers to restrict who connects to it which is nice.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Unless things have changed with this phone. When WIFI is on the phone isn't really using the cell radio (what your seeing as 3G signal)

For data, correct. However, the phone is always using cellular connectivity - check for calls, text messages, etc. When the signal is low, the phone must provide more power to the antenna to hold a signal, using battery faster than if you have a good signal.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo