OWNERS: What do you NOT LIKE about your Moto Z Force DROID?

revtech

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
difference is significant

Your comparison is not accurate, the onscreen buttons are part of the display proper so if you drop your note 5 down where it belongs you'll see there's only 0.2" difference . . But yes the note 5 display allows for more viewing because of the capacitive buttons

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Your comparison is not accurate, the onscreen buttons are part of the display proper so if you drop your note 5 down where it belongs you'll see there's only 0.2" difference . . But yes the note 5 display allows for more viewing because of the capacitive buttons
We all know when you need the screen for videos, photos, games, or anything that matters the on screen buttons to away. But let them complain.

plumcrazy

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
tx_tuff, all i know is when im looking at my 100+ emails a day, looking at my calender, PDF files, google chrome and pictures the screen is considerably smaller by 1/2". thats all im saying. those buttons on the moto are eating up a ton of space compared to my old note5. im keeping the moto till the new note comes out so its not like i hate the moto but the screen is a lot smaller

not to mention the thread title is what do owners NOT like about the phone. relax.....

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
tx_tuff, all i know is when im looking at my 100+ emails a day, looking at my calender, PDF files, google chrome and pictures the screen is considerably smaller by 1/2". thats all im saying. those buttons on the moto are eating up a ton of space compared to my old note5. im keeping the moto till the new note comes out so its not like i hate the moto but the screen is a lot smaller

not to mention the thread title is what do owners NOT like about the phone. relax.....
The Note 5 is not an old phone, just over a year old. So if you like it better I don't understand why you are using something different. And I'm not giving you a hard time, I really just don't understand.

plumcrazy

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
its old for me... i go thru a new phone every 10 months or so. ive had this one a year. i just bored with it and will wait for the note8 to come out and hope it wont burn my leg off lol. till then im happy with the z force. I actually forgot how damn good these radios are. it gets so MUCH better reception than the Samsungs do. cant even compare

garak0410

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
The "starting quiet" notifications. This may be a showstopper for me at work as our sales-force (two of them I'm putting in Z Force Droids) needs to hear their notifications.

1901Madison

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Not a big fan of the battery life on the Z Force. SOT is perfectly fine, but the phone drains at around 2% per hour idly sitting on the table. I won't use a phone that drains more than 1% per hour without being used. It's not like I have much syncing in the background either.

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Not a big fan of the battery life on the Z Force. SOT is perfectly fine, but the phone drains at around 2% per hour idly sitting on the table. I won't use a phone that drains more than 1% per hour without being used. It's not like I have much syncing in the background either.
Not sure why yours is doing this, probably an app causing wake locks. I'm in the 1% range per hour and about 1 to 3 percent overnight.

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
So you can get 5 plus hours of OST but if you battery drains 16% instead of 8% poverty 8 hours you won't use it?

I never pay attention to idle time, I use my phone. The only time it isn't Tammy being used is when I'm sleeping and than it's plugged in.

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed this has been better over the last few days....
I just came across this link posted in the Z Play forum. Posted by Ry in a thread on the low notification issue. Seems Lenovo has intentionally set the volume low at the beginning of the notification for safety reasons (or maybe liability reasons).

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Moto-Z-Force/Quiet-notifications-moto-z/m-p/3501648#M2531

I see that someone has developed an app to override the issue. I'm giving it a try and will report back in a few days. App is "Disable Increasing Ring".

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I don't like that when I go into apps I can't easily see running apps.
Maybe I'm looking at it wrong. Anyone have any ideas?