Oreo rolling out?

kmf1

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Yes, the recent news about Chicagoland Motorola is not good for anyone. I feel badly for those folks. Time will tell how it affects us moto owners.

HowardL168

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
All we know is that we are getting it. Anything about when is purely speculation
Last night I got the February security patch...still on 7.1.1 Does this mean (since the Oreo soak was built with the December patch) that we're not.getting Oreo for Moto Z?

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
Last night I got the February security patch...still on 7.1.1 Does this mean (since the Oreo soak was built with the December patch) that we're not.getting Oreo for Moto Z?
As far as we know we are still getting Oreo. According to the Moto Update website we are still on the list. I wouldn't worry too much about which Security Patch level we have, Moto will work out the details with our Oreo build. I am just guessing here, only a guess based on some rumors, but I think the Moto Z Play Oreo update will roll out first and then the Z and Z Force shortly after. We shall see, but I am confident we will get it eventually.

HowardL168

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
As far as we know we are still getting Oreo. According to the Moto Update website we are still on the list. I wouldn't worry too much about which Security Patch level we have, Moto will work out the details with our Oreo build. I am just guessing here, only a guess based on some rumors, but I think the Moto Z Play Oreo update will roll out first and then the Z and Z Force shortly after. We shall see, but I am confident we will get it eventually.
Maybe Verizon only bought the outside (Oreo) cookies but not the cream filling! (couldn't resist injecting a little humor here! )

Coop61

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
Decided to check for updates and this popped up .

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180409-172146.jpg
    Screenshot_20180409-172146.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 40

jesta192

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
Decided to check for updates and this popped up .

As much as I don't want to wait a few weeks, that is terrific that they are at least acknowledging the lack of information. I wasn't aware this was possible during the update check but it's something.

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
Apparently Moto started doing this with the Z2 Force as it was getting closer to a recent OS upgrade. I kind of like it, it's not the same old boring "your device is up to date" message.

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
So, given a few weeks, is it recommend to FDR before getting the update? Or after the update? Both? Neither necessary?
I have seen a lot of recommendations over the years to always do a FDR right after an OS update installs. I have done that myself many times. My Turbo 2 had numerous OS updates and I never did a FDR and never had major issues. My Z Force has had 3 OS updates and I have not done a FDR yet, and have no major issues. My current philosophy is...if I see any issues at all after an OS update....FDR and start over fresh. If there are no issues at all...leave it alone. That's just my thoughts & opinions, others may differ.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87