can I disable the nougat update notification?

c000

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I'd like to permanently hide the update notification... but it is becoming more and more stubborn. For example, before, I could just skip it. Today I tried to skip it and nothing happened. I was only able to get past the nag screen after I set a reminder time... anyone know how to disable it so it doesn't pester me anymore?

for anyone curious, this is the reason why I do not want to update just yet DON'T upgrade to Nougat by OTA! | Moto Z

GibMcFragger

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
Just Flash Nougat without updating the bootloader (the link is in that XDA thread you posted), then you still get Nougat, without the locked down newer bootloader.

Brent Michael

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
I was gonna say, "why wouldn't you want nougat?" but now I understand. You still probably want it, just not the limitations that the bootloader update does. I have a LG V20 and love nougat so updating for me would have been a no brainer. Though I don't root my devices and didn't think about that portion of it.

andrew_ackley

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
I'd like to permanently hide the update notification... but it is becoming more and more stubborn. For example, before, I could just skip it. Today I tried to skip it and nothing happened. I was only able to get past the nag screen after I set a reminder time... anyone know how to disable it so it doesn't pester me anymore?

for anyone curious, this is the reason why I do not want to update just yet DON'T upgrade to Nougat by OTA! | Moto Z

Dang I should really get back on XDA. Wish I would've realized that.

c000

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Just Flash Nougat without updating the bootloader (the link is in that XDA thread you posted), then you still get Nougat, without the locked down newer bootloader.

The instructions are too confusing to follow and I don't want to screw something up.

Someone came up with a potential OTA stopper, but I haven't tried it yet https://forum.xda-developers.com/moto-z-play/themes/app-moto-z-play-apps-stop-ota-motocare-t3538812

I found it from this topic https://forum.xda-developers.com/moto-z/help/looking-motorola-update-service-t3537115