Unlocked Moto Z - Now Running Nougat.

CF-105

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Been 4 days on Nougat now, and I'm loving it. Battery life is dramatically better. Took a day or two for things to settle in, but pretty well everything is better then before. Nice update!

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Been running it since January on mine.

I had to flash it but it seems to be running fine.

Battery life wasn't dramatically better, but I did notice that it was better able to last the day in a consistent manner. Performance has also seen a healthy improvement, with better gaming performance. The only area where the phone slows down is when taking a heap of photos using Camera NX. It does heat up quite a bit while doing so but in gaming, it does run a little cooler than MM.

Note that my software version is NPL25.86-15, so it may not have some optimizations and the newer security patch in the -30 build. I could update it myself since my phone has not notified me of an OTA, but since mine is rooted and has a custom recovery, I'm hesitant to do so, especially since I would have to flash chunks of the firmware (without the bootloader and other stuff) while wiping my device just to ensure that it performs nicely. Didn't help that sideloading the update bricked the phone, requiring me to flash the stock firmware before performing what I said above.

Also note that my build has a monitoring error where some apps can't identify the 2 high-performance Kryo cores. This doesn't seem to affect performance, however.

Oh, the joys of being a flashaholic......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non