Static Pop On Touch Screen

Piper5150

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
So occasionally, quite often actually, I've noticed a little static discharge when I touch the screen. I only hear it, not feeling it or seeing it, just a little zap/pop sound . Anyone else notice this?

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Might check different environments in case it's actually a problem with an extra fuzzy rug or something, but yeah... doesn't sound normal. I haven't had any of that with my Z Force.

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
So occasionally, quite often actually, I've noticed a little static discharge when I touch the screen. I only hear it, not feeling it or seeing it, just a little zap/pop sound . Anyone else notice this?

Yes, mine also has this. I'm gonna give it a day or two more, try a factory reset, and if it keeps doing it I'll have it replaced.

It's the faintest little pop/zap sound whenever the speaker is first activated (upon initial sound). Doesn't seem to be app or environment-related.

Piper5150

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I was wondering if it was the speaker actually. Mine does it even with sound off. Even with sound off it might still be turning on the speaker.
Yes, mine also has this. I'm gonna give it a day or two more, try a factory reset, and if it keeps doing it I'll have it replaced.

It's the faintest little pop/zap sound whenever the speaker is first activated (upon initial sound). Doesn't seem to be app or environment-related.

Jajafa88

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
I find that my speaker does make a little "pop" noise whenever a noise starts to play - even if the phone is muted it seems. I can get it to trigger consistently if I pull down to refresh inside the Twitter app. Anybody else finding the same thing?

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I got this today. All I did was reboot the device and the pop sound thing went away. I only got the pop sound when tapping things. Once rebooted it went away.

Piper5150

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Whoa, imagine that, trying the first thing on the checklist... Cycling the power! It seems to have resolved it for me also!

Thanks areyes163!!!
I got this today. All I did was reboot the device and the pop sound thing went away. I only got the pop sound when tapping things. Once rebooted it went away.

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
Just more data points for anyone else that might come across this thread in the future: restarting my phone didn't fix the popping for me. I had rebooted half a dozen times since owning the phone and the popping was still there.

Since the factory reset (3 days ago), I haven't heard it once. If it comes back I will post an update--otherwise mine is good to go.

Piper5150

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
That's good to know. My speaker pop has come back after just rebooting phone (took a day or so to come back though).
Just more data points for anyone else that might come across this thread in the future: restarting my phone didn't fix the popping for me. I had rebooted half a dozen times since owning the phone and the popping was still there.

Since the factory reset (3 days ago), I haven't heard it once. If it comes back I will post an update--otherwise mine is good to go.

garceneaux

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
I noticed static sounds when touching the screen on My Nexus 4 with Lolipop. I have had the phone for some time now without this happening. It started when I was playing around with Google Maps. Nothing worked until I went to Settings/ Sounds and Notification/Other Sounds and turned off Touch Sounds and Vibrate and Touch. Hasn't done it for the last two days now after several reboots.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez