OWNERS: What do you NOT LIKE about your Moto Z Force DROID?

GodWeTrust

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
Grid was a problem. I quickly went with Nova Launcher and 5x6 grid.

The shell it comes with is slippery. No good. Ordered a bumper case. I also read where the shatterproof screen can scratch easier, so I'm adding a tempered glass to it.

I agree that I'm hoping future cases will allow for use with mods, especially the battery mod.

The device speakers are a trade up to my former z3v speakers. And the free speaker mod is great! No issues there.

Calls are a little tinny to my ear. No matter. Volume is fine. Wife says she cannot tell when I have her on speaker phone. A plus for sure.

I personally love the size and the edges. The volume buttons should be under the power button. But I'm getting used to it.

Never used the headphone jack. Not a missing to me.

Battery is an improvement over my old phone. And quick charge is great. Just wish it was wireless charging.

And I wish it was IP68.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Waterproof is not a issue for me although I see why many people like it. Headphone jack is also not a issue since I always use Bluetooth headphones. I am waiting for a wireless charging mod without the battery though. I'm sure it will come. Just a matter of when.

Maybe when the device becomes available for more markets they will announce more mods as incentive to get more people to purchase the device.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Can you provide a screen shot of the camera app to get rid of? Maybe from the play store or something.

From the other thread, it sounds like the Google Camera app automatically installed among restored apps. It's not a preinstalled app on these phones.

fr4nk1yn

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
This one is nit picky, but still annoying to me. The hotspot quick settings tile takes seconds to acknowledge a press.

The reviews I saw mentioned gorilla glass on the back. Besides the two steps at the upper and lower edge the back appears to be plastic.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
This one is nit picky, but still annoying to me. The hotspot quick settings tile takes seconds to acknowledge a press.

The reviews I saw mentioned gorilla glass on the back. Besides the two steps at the upper and lower edge the back appears to be plastic.

Most of the back is metal - the mods have magnets, the back of the phone is metal.

Also, I assume you're referring to the pulldown menu hotspot button? The issue with it is that stock Android doesn't have an icon for "in process". So it either shows as off or on, and when you first tap it and it starts thinking, the icon doesn't change until it's actually ready to be used. I agree that should change, perhaps to an icon without the slash through it, but still grayed out.

Matthew Deyling

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site
Lack of notification LED - I know this seems insignificant but I have never had a phone that didn't have this feature.
Navigation bar - I don't mind having the bar as part of the screen, but I wish there was a way to hide when not in use. Several games cause it to be hidden and it only takes a quick tap of the fingerprint reader to make it pop back up again. I wish there was a way to make this happen across the board.

Greg LaMaina

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
The shatterproof screen scratches by just looking at it wrong. I thought I could wait out until the company I like released their screen protector but I was wrong. Got a ton of scratches and no info online for replacement shattershields, even the turbo replacements aren't available anymore. Luckily when I put the screen protector on it filters out the light so you don't see the scratches anymore, even in the sunlight.

Oh and why cant I remove the google search bar at the top of the screen. I didn't have this on my Note 4. I want that space. I understand you can do it with root, but come on now.

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
You don't need root to remove the google search bar at the top of the screen. You just need a different launcher (Nova, Action, etc.) I immediately had a tempered glass screen protector put on it, but I agree that is annoying.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
The shatterproof screen scratches by just looking at it wrong. I thought I could wait out until the company I like released their screen protector but I was wrong. Got a ton of scratches and no info online for replacement shattershields, even the turbo replacements aren't available anymore. Luckily when I put the screen protector on it filters out the light so you don't see the scratches anymore, even in the sunlight.

Oh and why cant I remove the google search bar at the top of the screen. I didn't have this on my Note 4. I want that space. I understand you can do it with root, but come on now.

As benjamminh said, you can modify that and much more with another launcher. That's all Samsung really does on the Note 4 and others, is installs their own launcher. It's all about finding what you like, and the great thing about Android is you have the freedom to do so.

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site

I removed the Google search bar on mine, and that was before I added Nova. In fact just switched back to the home launcher to double check and sure enough it was gone. Removed it just like any other app icon, just long pressed and removed it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38