Missing texts

veedo

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
Anyone have an issue with not receiving texts? I've had it happen 3 times that I know of, for hours at a time. Sending works. Using hangouts, but the issue is with sms.

lilnate

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I've had the issue on and off for months. Finally deleted pushbullet and I havnt noticed it again, but It definitely could have happened because realizing it isn't easy. I use textra as my main app, but deleted that for a month and used the stock app when pushbullet was still on my phone and the same thing was happening. I'm hoping it was a notification sync issue. Absolutely so annoying when it happened.

Technified

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
My messages+ is acting funky! The pass few days I wouldn't know that I had a text until I would go into the app. Then one of my co workers asked me did I receive her text and when I go into it, it's blank! I restart the phone and a message about updating the message data came up.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I've had issues with texts before if I'm on WiFi having issues. As soon as I left the building & disconnected from the WiFi, the texts poured in.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Unlimited data or not, if you're connected to WiFi, it will try to go through the WiFi for certain things. No idea if that's relevant to your situation, just clarifying that funky WiFi can cause havoc no matter the data plan.

ultimate_ed

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
I had this happen to me over the weekend. Received texts up through Saturday night, and then none. I didn't figure it out until I was the one phone in our household not receiving update texts from my daughter's school that we had subscribed to.

I ended up shutting down and restarting the phone and it seems to be working since then.

What made it harder to track down, was that only SMS was effected, but MMS, which included group chats, worked fine and I could still send out, but not receive.

Made for a bit of embarrassment when I sent some texts to another parent on Sunday and sent a follow up asking if they had gotten my earlier message. When I saw her a couple of days later, she showed me where she sent about eight responses to my two texts, but none of them ever made it to my phone.

veedo

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
Happened again tonight. Rebooted and started working again. This was after Verizon techs looked into the issue and said it was fixed.

Technified

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Happened again tonight. Rebooted and started working again. This was after Verizon techs looked into the issue and said it was fixed.

I'm having the same issues that I was having again, after a Verizon tech said that the issue was resolved.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez