Is there no case that fits with mods?

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
I just want a plastic bumper that goes around the outside rim of the phone and protects it from drops. Whats the point of having a modular phone if it doesn't work with a case? Then any time I want to use the battery/speaker/projector I have to take off the case and walk around with it in my pocket. The whole idea was less things in my pocket.

I dropped it in the driveway already and chipped the metal around the rim. Luckily the screen protector I got is really good and doesn't have a single scratch or mark after whacking and then sliding down my asphalt driveway hill.

There is this one on verizon;
https://www.verizon.com/accessories/vzw-two-tone-bumper-for-moto-z2-force-edition/

But for one its sold out, and also there's contradictory answers when you scroll down the page to the one person who asked if it works with mods.

metacuate

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
disagree. hard to get the mods off with the bumper because plastic goes inside the area at the bottom where you peel it off

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
disagree. hard to get the mods off with the bumper because plastic goes inside the area at the bottom where you peel it off

Sounds like a similar problem they had with their first gen Moto Zs. They ended up revising the bumpers.

CaymanDreamin

Aug 4, 2017
Visit site
I have the Verizon bumper and it works great. There is a small lip on the bottom so I have to slide my wireless charging mod down as I put it on but it works fine. The speaker mod actually has a notch on the bottom right where the lip is so it's no problem at all putting it on and off.
4d2e0f8216c5b600805bbae795b34245.jpg

885072c48a2c4e5532fa68dbc1f38a2f.jpg