Z2 Play vs. Droid Turbo 2?

KeithLa

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site
Has anyone moved to the Verizon Moto Z2 Play (not Force) from the 2015 Verizon DT2? Curious to hear comparisons on battery and camera, in particular.

I'm considering making this move, frustrated with my on 6 month old DT2 now extremely short battery, sudden shutdowns at 30-40%, lag and sluggishness (all this even after a factory reset a few weeks back).

KeithLa

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site
Decided to wait a few weeks for Moto X4, for dual lens camera, IP68 water resistance, and low light selfie camera.

KeithLa

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site
After making this original post last fall, I actually went with Z2 Force last October, after all, due to a great promotional price available at US retailer Best Buy that got its price down to under US$450, plus free projector mod that I immediately sold on eBay for over $100.

And I'm so glad I did, Z2 Force is the fastest and easiest smartphone I've ever owned. I wrote a long post on the Z2 Force forum here a few weeks back, with details of what I love and why I feel it's an underrated and misunderstood product.

That said, I can't comment on how Z2 Force compares to Z2 Play, but I would guess it is a lot faster due to the Snapdragon 835. I also really appreciate the the shatterproofing, have had several drop incidents that surely would have cracked any glass screen.

PSPVinyls

Jul 4, 2015
Visit site
Thank you for this post! I am using a Droid Turbo 1 and just purchased the Z2 Play. I will be getting it on Tuesday. I'm just glad to see other Droid Turbo users going for the same phone I was thinking of getting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress