Motorola Z2 Play Crashes

Crazy phone games

Sep 13, 2019
Visit site
Is anyone else experienced a crash issues with your Z2 Play Phone. Got this phone as a replacement. Of course the warranty from Assurion they are not even responding. This issue has gotten so bad I have uninstalled or disabled as much as I could even after.a factory reset as advised from Motorola Tech Support. It started when the battery got below 25% and it has grown. Experienced a crash last night while on the phone with nothing on or open. Battery level at 64%
Got this phone in May and Very Disappointed.
What has happened to the Android operating system?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! What do you mean by "crash"? Is the phone shutting off suddenly? Are you getting an error message? How old is this phone? If the phone is shutting down suddenly despite plenty of battery left, the battery might be failing.

Crazy phone games

Sep 13, 2019
Visit site
It was all very clearly outlined above. Phone less than three months old.
Yet Motorola says it's out of warranty. Assurion sent it as a replacement yet No Warranty.
Yes it locks up screen goes black. Tries restarting itself. Fails and sometimes requires the charger to be plugged in to restart and charging tto stay on.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Actually, it wasn't clearly outlined in your first post. You included the relevant information in your 2nd post in terms of what you meant by "crash."

Does this happen in Safe Mode as well? I realize that you did a factory reset, but if you habitually reinstall certain apps, and if one of those apps is causing the instability, then the problem will keep happening. Safe Mode will disable all 3rd party apps you installed, which can help you narrow things down: https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/indevice_detail/a_id/119017/p/30,6720,10215