4.1.83 update changelog

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Straight from Motorola

• Data Speed Increased speed at which data can travel on the network.
  • Data Connection Improvements to prevent interruptions to data connection. Screen Improvements to prevent screen from freezing.
  • Email Improved ability for users to receive email notifications so you know when you have a new message. Also, improvements were made so that you are now able to use the same email login to access both MOTOBLUR? and YouTube.
  • Skype Improvements to call audio function so it is easier for the person you called to hear you. Please note this application is not pre-loaded on the phone, but is available for download from the Android Market.
  • Wi-Fi Increased functionality by enabling Yahoo Email to be sent over a Wi-Fi connection.
  • Display Improved International Roaming Warning Message by simplifying user notification so that it only appears on the screen when you move to a new network.
  • Happenings Widget Improved Happenings Widget to ensure that you receive the latest updates across the social networks you are connected to such as Facebook, MySpace, and Twitter.
  • Calling Improvements were made to incoming and outgoing call functionality to ensure a more seamless experience.

Reactions: rebake

gvndeb60

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Increase in speeds......hmmm. Wonder if that is upload cap removed, website doesn't say? Either way, downloading now.

Edit: I retract my statement about downloading now....

Last edited:

filmusikat

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Question, I am running Gingerblur ... do I have to revert back to stock before downloading and installing this? Or can I just install when prompted for the update?

jd914

Banned
Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
Phone rebooted and all is fine. BTW I was rooted and updated without any issues.

I'm going to see if I can re-root with Gingerbreak again.

EDIT: Superuser is still installed on my device and sideloading apps is still enabled:)

EDIT: just verified and I'm not rooted anymore even though I still have superuser installed on my device.

Last edited:

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
My phone is apparently still up to date lol. Oh well, guess I'll get to bed and see if it changes its mind tomorrow morning. Enjoy, guys.

sk8trix

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
question I got the atrix but ive had my sim since last summer will it still work with the hsupa??? do we need new sims?

jd914

Banned
Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
question I got the atrix but ive had my sim since last summer will it still work with the hsupa??? do we need new sims?

Yes your SIM will work just fine with your device as long as that SIM is activated and tied to your carrier.

Regardless of what you hear there is no such thing as a 4G SIM for the Atrix.