Which phone are you switching from?

Which device OS have you been sporting?

• Total voters

xxxxxxxxxx

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Goodbye Storm 1, hello 'X'. I feel like Homer Simpson waiting for his gun on that episode of The Simpsons. I ordered it Monday and im guessing that it should be here by late next week. Hopefully sooner though...

BBash

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
Switching from the Storm. My Droid 2 will be here tomorrow. Just tired of the sluggishness of BlackBerry. I know I'm gonna miss my Storm but I just CAN'T take the slowness any longer. I hope the Droid doesn't disappoint.

cloleson

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Switched from the BB Pearl. I know, it's an antique anyway. Picked the Droid 2 because of its speed.

I've had it for about 24 hours now, and love it so far. Still feeling my way around a little, but first impressions are very good.

jtversky

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
switched from the BB Tour....speed, browsing and Android OS were the big pulls...i would have switched to the Droid1, except I hated the original keyboard...the new keyboard with the raised buttons are still not quite as good as on my Tour, but are leaps and bounds over the Droid1

jiholl

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
Would love to hear your experience going form the 9700 to the Droid 2

Dumped T-Mo and the Bold 9700 for the Droid 2.

I find that BBs are very very easy to use in terms of quickly making calls, texting, etc...how do you feel about switching to touch screen...seems more steps to do things?...like there is a trade off between having the better web, multimedia, etc...but loosing the simplicity? would you recommend the switch? thanks

efn77mx

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
I find that BBs are very very easy to use in terms of quickly making calls, texting, etc...how do you feel about switching to touch screen...seems more steps to do things?...like there is a trade off between having the better web, multimedia, etc...but loosing the simplicity? would you recommend the switch? thanks

I would definitely recommend that you at least try it for yourself and see how you like it. For my needs, it was the best choice. I honestly don't feel that this is a more complicated device at all. The only issue I originally had was having to manually setup folders on the sd card where all my different types of media were going to be stored. The Blackberry phones do this automatically. But after a very brief search on these forums and I found the answers I needed.

This model has a physical keyboard and I am grateful for that. Unless you have a Droid X or an EVO (something with a huge screen) I find the onscreen keyboard a bit hard to type on. Though Swype works really well. I had a Storm 2 in the past, so I already have some experience in the touchscreen phone world.

I actually find the Android OS easier to use in many ways. Thanks to all the widgets that are available, most everything I need or want is usually only a single tap away. But my advice is to try it for a few days and see how you like it. Personally...Blackberry is going to remain buried in the past for me.

Last edited:

jiholl

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
Thanks - Tried Droid 2 - Real Issue is Font Size

I would definitely recommend that you at least try it for yourself and see how you like it. For my needs, it was the best choice. I honestly don't feel that this is a more complicated device at all. The only issue I originally had was having to manually setup folders on the sd card where all my different types of media were going to be stored. The Blackberry phones do this automatically. But after a very brief search on these forums and I found the answers I needed.

This model has a physical keyboard and I am grateful for that. Unless you have a Droid X or an EVO (something with a huge screen) I find the onscreen keyboard a bit hard to type on. Though Swype works really well. I had a Storm 2 in the past, so I already have some experience in the touchscreen phone world.

I actually find the Android OS easier to use in many ways. Thanks to all the widgets that are available, most everything I need or want is usually only a single tap away. But my advice is to try it for a few days and see how you like it. Personally...Blackberry is going to remain buried in the past for me.

Hi...thanks for feedback..I went to Verizon store and tried Droid 2...real issue...and I have seen this on all Android phones is that there is NO way to increase font size outside of the Browser...I know I can install Handcent and it will increase font size, but for the basic phonebook I have a hard time reading the numbers..I can, but it is a strain compared to a BB where you can make the font any size/bold etc you like and it changes it across virtually all apps. I have read on line alot of others with this same concern...not sure why Google does not include a Zoom or something? Iphone has a Zoom for accessibility .. three finger tap on screen and it enlarges...great idea....but of course, Iphone not great as a phone. :(

efn77mx

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Hi...thanks for feedback..I went to Verizon store and tried Droid 2...real issue...and I have seen this on all Android phones is that there is NO way to increase font size outside of the Browser...I know I can install Handcent and it will increase font size, but for the basic phonebook I have a hard time reading the numbers..I can, but it is a strain compared to a BB where you can make the font any size/bold etc you like and it changes it across virtually all apps. I have read on line alot of others with this same concern...not sure why Google does not include a Zoom or something? Iphone has a Zoom for accessibility .. three finger tap on screen and it enlarges...great idea....but of course, Iphone not great as a phone. :(

There actually IS a zoom mode. I found it under Settings and Accessibility. But it's there. It brings up a window, and anything within that window can be made larger or smaller.

jiholl

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
Zoom Mode - hmmmm

There actually IS a zoom mode. I found it under Settings and Accessibility. But it's there. It brings up a window, and anything within that window can be made larger or smaller.

So is this something that you can turn on easily .. say you are looking at a contact's info...is there a way to activate the zoom and then deactivate it...easily? thanks

efn77mx

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
So is this something that you can turn on easily .. say you are looking at a contact's info...is there a way to activate the zoom and then deactivate it...easily? thanks

It's not exactly the greatest...basically it's a small transparent window that you can move around on the screen. There is a + and - so you can zoom in and out of whatever is in that window at the moment. I don't think you'd find it too practical for what you're trying to do with it, because you'd have to go into Accessibility each time you wanted to turn the feature on or off.

jhoyt

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Just switched from the DInc...Def not regretting it...this thing feels solid! And with launcher pro plus, you cant go wrong!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana