DROID 2 Car Mount w/ Charger

brentbarrie

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
Is there a car dock (THAT WORKS) that fits the Droid 2 that also allows the charger to be plugged in at the same time? I see lots of mounts that say they are for the Droid 2 but I don't know if they actually work. Thanks.

corydunbar

Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
i just received the "premium vehicle mount" today from verizon. it does charge your device while in the dock. go to verizonwireless.com > accessories (choose your device[droid 2])> headsets & mounts > premium vehicle mount.
Set Your Location

brentbarrie

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
I ordered another charger, so now I need to find a car mount/holder than will work while the phone is plugged in to the charger. I was looking at the Arkon ones because I havent been able to find any others that will work with the Droid 2. I wont order from Verizon because I dont want to pay $30-$40 bucks for it. It like to spend around $20.

corydunbar

Dec 31, 2009
Visit site
the verizon one is worth it. it is able to be used with or without a case on your droid 2 plus it is a automatic charger when your Droid is dropped in. And i'd double check those arkon mounts. isnt that gripping mechanism going to be in the way of charging on the road.

DERacing

Dec 4, 2009
Visit site
Honestly, you cannot beat the Verizon/Moto OEM mounts for the Droids. Going to pick one up this afternoon for my new D2. The one for the D1 I had... Just the best one out. I like to be able to just snap the phone in and go. Plus the magnet puts in car mode automatically.

brentbarrie

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
I ordered the Arkon Vent Mount for $14.95. I cant tell for sure if it will allow the charger to be plugged in or not. If it doesn't, I can just leave the phone off the Arkon when I need to charge it, or I might be able to cut a notch out of the side grip to allow it to be plugged in. For only being 15 bucks, I don't mind. Ill definitely let people know on the Forums whether it works or not because Im sure some people are wondering.