I want to do an nandroid back up but the instructions say to get into recovery mode by holding the power key and home button at same time and that will give you a triangle symbol.

I just get turned on like normal. What "home" button are they talking about?

Thanks
    09-20-2010 12:35 PM
    To get into the suck recovery power the phone on while holding x then once you see the triangle push the search button on the keyboard. But using the stock recovery won't allow you to do a nandroid backup. You need to get boot strap recovery for the droid 2 off the market
    chrstdvd likes this.
    09-20-2010 01:22 PM
    To get into the suck recovery power the phone on while holding x then once you see the triangle push the search button on the keyboard. But using the stock recovery won't allow you to do a nandroid backup. You need to get boot strap recovery for the droid 2 off the market

Thanks, I got Droid X Bootstrap app from the market and it backed me up fine once I figured out what to do. I read about 4 google articles that said the Droid X bootstrap worked fine on the D2 and it did.

I have the spf,s to on the computer to flash to stock should I need to, but this back up on the sd card will work fine for getting back to where I am without having to go the spf route, and/or re root and re uninstall the bloat.
    09-20-2010 01:45 PM
    If you need more details, there's a hard reset Droid 2 post that helped me a lot. It took me a while to figure out to use the volume buttons to toggle between the selections.

-Mitch
    09-22-2010 04:10 AM
    Yeah it took me awhile to find out I had to hit the search key to get into recover
    09-22-2010 05:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD