how to get into recovery mode on D2

chrstdvd

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I want to do an nandroid back up but the instructions say to get into recovery mode by holding the power key and home button at same time and that will give you a triangle symbol.

I just get turned on like normal. What "home" button are they talking about?

Thanks

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
To get into the suck recovery power the phone on while holding x then once you see the triangle push the search button on the keyboard. But using the stock recovery won't allow you to do a nandroid backup. You need to get boot strap recovery for the droid 2 off the market

chrstdvd

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
To get into the suck recovery power the phone on while holding x then once you see the triangle push the search button on the keyboard. But using the stock recovery won't allow you to do a nandroid backup. You need to get boot strap recovery for the droid 2 off the market

Thanks, I got Droid X Bootstrap app from the market and it backed me up fine once I figured out what to do. I read about 4 google articles that said the Droid X bootstrap worked fine on the D2 and it did.

I have the spf,s to on the computer to flash to stock should I need to, but this back up on the sd card will work fine for getting back to where I am without having to go the spf route, and/or:p re root and re uninstall the bloat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniellewc