D2G keeps rebooting

Pete7874

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
My D2G has been rebooting itself frequently (multiple times a day) for some time now. I cannot pinpoint what is causing it... it seems to happen while performing different activity each time. I don't see a pattern at all. How can I verify what is causing these crashes/reboots? Are there any logs anywhere that one can take a look at to see what's happening?

This is on stock verizon ROM.

Last edited:

Pete7874

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Took it to Verizon store. First thing they tried is giving me a new battery. That did not fix the problem. Next thing they tried is device wipe... that did not fix the problem. I'm going back to the store today to get a replacement device.

Pete7874

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Got a replacement phone. This one randomly reboots as well. I think it happens when it loses signal. I was at a friends house yesterday where there is poor Verizon coverage... barely any signal... the phone kept rebooting itself several times in a row... looked like it was unable to obtain signal.

I've seen other D2 users suffering from similar issue. I just haven't seen any solutions posted. Frustrating, ugh...

RazorDroid

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
On my D2, the power/unlock button on top right occasionally will not respond, and after 3 times pressing in about 30 seconds, it will sometimes reeboot. Factory reset/wipe doesnt help either. WTF?! Anybody else getting this issue? Brian

ps 100%stock

thefever23

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Got a replacement phone. This one randomly reboots as well. I think it happens when it loses signal. I was at a friends house yesterday where there is poor Verizon coverage... barely any signal... the phone kept rebooting itself several times in a row... looked like it was unable to obtain signal.

I've seen other D2 users suffering from similar issue. I just haven't seen any solutions posted. Frustrating, ugh...

Make sure you're device is in CDMA mode. If I was having signal issues I would dial *228 and select option 2 to update your towers. Couldn't hurt.

Pete7874

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
If I was having signal issues I would dial *228 and select option 2 to update your towers. Couldn't hurt.
I did that. I still only get 1 bar, sometimes none. Signal strength shows -87 dBm though which isn't that bad as far as I understand. I think I'm just in a really poor coverage area. AT&T and T-Mobile don't have better coverage here either.

ternll99

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Man I went through 4 of the D2G's same thing on all of them...also horrible battery life...Sold the last one and bought a DROID X and not one problem from this phone for the month or so that I've had it....Not saying get rid of the D2G ;) .....but from my experience with the device...I'd look into another ANDROID device....Just MY opinion.

Pete7874

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Well, the only other Verizon Android phone that also supports SIM cards is the Droid Pro. Personally, I don't like its looks - looks like an overgrown Blackberry.

What other choice do I have?

Pete7874

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
And so I'm on D2G number 3 now. Verizon refuses to accept the fact that it's something inherently wrong with D2G that causes these reboots when it loses signal, so they keep sending me replacement D2Gs, thinking it's the particular device that's faulty. Sigh...

I think in my case it would help if I had one of their network extenders in the house which would ensure I have plenty of signal, so the signal loss would not occcur, and thus the reboots would not occur. Alas, it costs $250 and they don't want to give it away for free. But this is getting ridiculous... why am I paying hundreds of dollars in wireless bills every month if I get such crappy coverage and constant reboots. Really not happy with Verizon (and Motorola) right now...