First Day Issues with D3 - Is It Me??

aaronhdtv

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Coming from a DX, rooted with Liberty GB. Ultra fast, hardly any issues.

That said, I've been longing for a physical keyboard since my BB days and the larger screen size than the previous Droids as well as the dual core processor was enough for me to jump ship.

But...Im having a helluva time with the D3.

First, as I type this im often way ahead of what is actually being displayed on the screen...VERY laggy with text input.

Second, returning to the home screen, opening up any in-app menu, or closing an app takes an unbearably long amount of time. Im used to a very snappy experience. The D3 is not delivering.

Third, I've noticed the data arrows on the 3G icon are constantly on. With my X, when data was being transmitted was when they lit up. That could have been due to the ROM understandably but Im thinking this is contributing to horrific battery performance so far.

Lastly, and the worst of all...I cannot download apps from the market. At first, they all began to download and 12 or 13 actually installed. Then, the Market force-closed and ever since I've not been able to download anything. I've rebooted, wiped data and cache within the market, and I've removed my SD card. NOTHING.

The last thing I wanna do is rush judgement on a device with so much promise and capability. Im racking my brain on what I've done wrong and I come up empty.

Is anyone else experiencing these things. Does anyone have some tips or advice as to what I could be doing wrong? I love Android and my X was the best device I've ever owned. Im hoping to feel the same about the D3 but I don't see that happening right now.

Help!

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

spacecasespiff

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site
I don't have this phone right now maybe early next month. But I would say if it doesn't get better in a few days I would take it back. It might be a bad unit.

akronevan2

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
That really does sound like a bad unit. Mine hasn't had any of those problems, though I have noticed that it can be slow if most of the app space is taken up. You may want to move your apps to your sd card, see if that helps.

aaronhdtv

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
So I did a factory reset and the device itself is running MUCH MUCH better. No lag.

However, after installing 4 or 5 apps I began receiving the "Download was Unsuccessful" message from the market.

Before performing the factory reset, I unmounted and removed the SD card. I still have not remounted it. The device has 1.59gb of app memory available so it's not a memory issue.

So, I just tried wiping data and cache from the market after force closing and I was able to download one more app and then another after the third try.

This makes zero sense to me. The conspiracy theorist in me thinks someone is throttling me! However, I know this cannot be the case.

I do not want to be on the phone with VZW and/or open a ticket with Google as I think this is something that I'm missing....I just can't figure out what. But, I will call them or simply return the device if I can't figure it out.

Thank you so far for your responses!

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Yep.

Made the device run properly but didn't fix the Market issue.

This is really ticking me off!

The market thing is a gingerbread issue. I had it on the HTC Sensation for the short time I had it. The market wouldn't see all the apps I had downloaded previously, and then when it tried to download the ones that it did it would time out and tell me they weren't successful. It got better after a few days of living with it.

Knyte

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Wife got hers last night.. charged it up before bed and 6 hours later it's at 30% in night mode.. thought that was supposed to save on battery usage? I am charging it now to see what's going on.. would hate to go back to VZW today after the long wait time yesterday for only 6 customers in the store lol :cool:

aaronhdtv

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Installed the new market, same issue.

I've tried every fix I could find searching google and the Android forums, NOTHING works.

This is complete BS.

jcochran1977

Sep 30, 2009
Visit site
I am having some very odd issues and I am not happy I love this device the size is great and it's supposed to be awesome but i have had it reboot just sitting there a few times a day. And in the morning after having it charge ALL night from Midnight till about 7am.. I go downstairs pack up my work stuff and leave and in 10 to 15 minutes my battery is drained to 50%.

I don't know if the battery is bad or if something on the device is bad. I restarted before going to sleep last night so nothing should have been open.

HELP PLEASE!!

Coming from a DX, rooted with Liberty GB. Ultra fast, hardly any issues.

That said, I've been longing for a physical keyboard since my BB days and the larger screen size than the previous Droids as well as the dual core processor was enough for me to jump ship.

But...Im having a helluva time with the D3.

First, as I type this im often way ahead of what is actually being displayed on the screen...VERY laggy with text input.

Second, returning to the home screen, opening up any in-app menu, or closing an app takes an unbearably long amount of time. Im used to a very snappy experience. The D3 is not delivering.

Third, I've noticed the data arrows on the 3G icon are constantly on. With my X, when data was being transmitted was when they lit up. That could have been due to the ROM understandably but Im thinking this is contributing to horrific battery performance so far.

Lastly, and the worst of all...I cannot download apps from the market. At first, they all began to download and 12 or 13 actually installed. Then, the Market force-closed and ever since I've not been able to download anything. I've rebooted, wiped data and cache within the market, and I've removed my SD card. NOTHING.

The last thing I wanna do is rush judgement on a device with so much promise and capability. Im racking my brain on what I've done wrong and I come up empty.

Is anyone else experiencing these things. Does anyone have some tips or advice as to what I could be doing wrong? I love Android and my X was the best device I've ever owned. Im hoping to feel the same about the D3 but I don't see that happening right now.

Help!

aaronhdtv

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I appreciate the input however, I fail yonder this is a GB issue when I was running GB on my X for nearly 2 months with zero issues.

aaronhdtv

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I found the Market support forum. Sent google an email and in roughly 10 minutes my Market is fully functional with no actual response from google. Weird.

At least it works now!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty