I cant decide between the D3 and the DX2.... anyone here own both and can offer some insight?

I dont use the keyboard....... but really like the front facing camera of the D3.

Like bigger screen size of DX2 but want Front facing camera........

I'm torn!!
    07-15-2011 05:31 AM
    They are practically the same phone, The d3 can do 1080 vid which the x2 cannot. D3 has a FFC, x2 does not. D3 has keyboard, x2 does not. The x2 on the other hand has a 4.3 inch screen and the d3 only is 4. The d3 beats it in every category except screen size. Its up to you.
    07-15-2011 11:05 AM
    Practically the same phone? Hardly!

The D3 is OMAP-based, the DX2 is Tegra2-based. That alone gives the DX2 access to many more games & THD-specific titles. Other than that (and the bigger X2 screen), the D3 trumps it in every way:

-1080p video recording
    -Global phone capability
    -Overall better/improved 8Mp camera stills (especially in low-light)
    -Front-facing cam
    -Ships with Gingerbread 2.3.4 standard
    -Newer/better/faster Gingerblur 3D UI
    -Better/newer camera app
    -Available inductive charging battery door
    -16Gb internal storage
    -A few more useful apps included (still tons of bloatware though)

Supposedly the D3's pentile is a tad bit better than the DX2's or at least it's less noticable due to the smaller size. I cannot verify since I have not yet seen a D3 in person. If my hands-on time with the D3 is very positive, I may consider jumping ship from DX2 to D3. So far, I've been a BB and two VZW corp stores and none of them have the D3 out yet. I definitely believe the story that has been circulating that they are trying to blow out all of the old D2G's before selling the D3. Bummer.
    07-15-2011 01:45 PM
    Also has over the DX2:

No audio pops
    No memory issues or lag that cripples the device.
    Sweet keyboard
    Hot swappable SD card
    4" display seems to suit pentile better
    07-16-2011 12:27 AM
    For the reasons already listed above: Droid 3 > Droid X2 .
    07-18-2011 07:55 AM
    For the reasons already listed above: Droid 3 > Droid X2 .
    Yep, when I was in the store today to get my D3 the guy before me could not decide which to get and I swung him to the D3, overall it is just a more powerful phone (he was upgrading from the D1, FWIW).
    07-18-2011 11:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD