Gorilla Glass on this bad boy!

complexx

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
I just read on the motorola site that this phone comes with Gorilla Glass, I'm excited! I hate screen protectors!

On a side note, been playing with this phone since yesterday about 7 pm, totally shocked at how nice the android platform is (first time android user) and the speed of this thing is amazing.

Not only is this phone fast, but it really allows you to enjoy 3G as it can keep up and it loads webpages fast. I was very worried that I wouldn't be happy with a non-LTE device, but this thing is a beast, and so far, I'm getting decent battery life.

DashShiron

Jul 17, 2011
Visit site
Gorilla glass still scratches ... Just sayin'.

Barely.

I beat the ever-loving crap out of my Droid and it only has one or two visible scratches. My Incredible on the other hand... Well, lets just say that Gorilla Glass definitely makes a difference.

burkex90

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I just read on the motorola site that this phone comes with Gorilla Glass, I'm excited! I hate screen protectors!

On a side note, been playing with this phone since yesterday about 7 pm, totally shocked at how nice the android platform is (first time android user) and the speed of this thing is amazing.

Not only is this phone fast, but it really allows you to enjoy 3G as it can keep up and it loads webpages fast. I was very worried that I wouldn't be happy with a non-LTE device, but this thing is a beast, and so far, I'm getting decent battery life.
I am not impressed wit the Gorilla glass on the Droid3. It is not nearly as tough as the Droid1.
And I think it is all due to the pentile screen.
Droid1 2 years no screen protector no scratches.
Droid3 1 week a scratch down by the home key. I bought the car dock and had major overheating issues. 190 degrees in the car dock. When i pulled it out of the dock I burned my thumb. I put it in my pocket and sat down for lunch. I brushed against the table and the screen shattered against my thigh.
hundreds of spiderweb cracks travelling from where the scratch was. Now the phone will not recognize my computer, no gps lock, Motorola's remote testing tool can not recognize the phone.
Real wonderful, now Motorola has voided my warranty because of the screen crack (physical damage)
If you have overheating problems please report this to Motorola you not only help me but all the others with overheating issues.
Pardon the pun but the Gorilla glass on the Droid3 is not all it's cracked up to be.
This all happened 20 days after purchase. Handle this phone carefully and watch out for overheating.

furbymac

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
I am not impressed wit the Gorilla glass on the Droid3. It is not nearly as tough as the Droid1.
And I think it is all due to the pentile screen.
Droid1 2 years no screen protector no scratches.
Droid3 1 week a scratch down by the home key. I bought the car dock and had major overheating issues. 190 degrees in the car dock. When i pulled it out of the dock I burned my thumb. I put it in my pocket and sat down for lunch. I brushed against the table and the screen shattered against my thigh.
hundreds of spiderweb cracks travelling from where the scratch was. Now the phone will not recognize my computer, no gps lock, Motorola's remote testing tool can not recognize the phone.
Real wonderful, now Motorola has voided my warranty because of the screen crack (physical damage)
If you have overheating problems please report this to Motorola you not only help me but all the others with overheating issues.
Pardon the pun but the Gorilla glass on the Droid3 is not all it's cracked up to be.
This all happened 20 days after purchase. Handle this phone carefully and watch out for overheating.
that sounds like a heat issue to me . glass gets reall hot it will do that