Bugs etc. - list them here

complexx

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm super excited about this phone and have found a few things that I noticed that just don't seem quite right yet. Maybe we can get a little feedback from the community on these issues to see if others are experiencing the same, and to collect a list of things we'd like to see improved in the first update to our new device.

Here's a few things I've noticed since having the phone for a few days now.

1. Lag when adjusting the phone from portrait to landscape and visa versa. I would think with all the processing power that this would be instant. It could be due to a physical limitation of the sensor as well... anyone with knowledge on this available to chime in?

2. Quick Contacts - I added a quick contact and for some reason it wasnt retrieving the correct info for that particular contact. Instead, it was return data regarding another contact with the same first name. Long story short, I had to delete the contact with the data that I didn't want, and then rename and reload the contact that I wanted in that particular spot. Seems to work ok now, but still kinda odd that this happened.

On a side note, I have the car dock which works flawlessly with the phone, however when I installed a verizon branded hard case (which is supposed to be compatible with the car dock) the dock doesn't seem to receive the phone as well anymore and requires a little fidgeting to get the phone into car dock mode.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
1. Lag when adjusting the phone from portrait to landscape and visa versa. I would think with all the processing power that this would be instant. It could be due to a physical limitation of the sensor as well... anyone with knowledge on this available to chime in?.

This isn't really a bug, nor is it really lag. The pause you see appears to be just how Moto does it on their phones. The other Droids (1&2), the X and the Pro are all the same way.

awood740

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I came from the OG Droid to the Droid 3 and I was very excited thinking that i would not have home screen redraw, and lag, since it has a dual core processor and more ram, etc.....well, it redraws every time i close the camera, after latitude, after any "heavy" app. I really like the device, the thing feels really good in my hand, and the keyboard is awesome. I just rarely use it with texting etc. I was really sure I was going to get the iPhone after the original droid because it was soooo laggy and would lock up trying to send a picture message. I am considering taking this back as i will have had it a week today, and just getting an iphone. The problems i have had are small, i know, but i spent 200 dollars hoping to get rid of these problems, and now i am having my doubts....thoughts?

WarER4X

Feb 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm thinking, perhaps, Motorola could to a bit more optimization with the memory management regarding their "Motoblur" Launcher to eliminate, or at least reduce, the instances that require the screen redraw. As others have said, it usually happens for me after running something large, like a fancy game or the camera. At first, it seemed to take forever to redraw, but now it seems to be doing it faster than it was, originally. I think that might have something to do with the recent WeatherBug Elite update, which improved memory management for that app, and I have the WeatherBug Elite widget on my primary homescreen, so maybe it isn't slowing down the redraw as much. Who knows.

The only other bug I can think of at the moment is that silly little charging light. I'm sure it isn't working like it's intended to, so maybe we'll see that improve with an update.

-SR-

ravenlore

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm getting battery memory, for lack of a better word. Occasionally (and only when charging from usb plugged into laptop) the phone can charge all afternoon, but if it was plugged in at 20% battery, it'll be at 20% battery when I pull it off usb to go home. Intermittent issue.

phalconmojo

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm getting battery memory, for lack of a better word. Occasionally (and only when charging from usb plugged into laptop) the phone can charge all afternoon, but if it was plugged in at 20% battery, it'll be at 20% battery when I pull it off usb to go home. Intermittent issue.

I too have this problem.

I am also running into this:

The phone seems to be deleting my mp3s off the sd card. I moved my sdcard from my og droid. And within a few days, it had deleted well over 200 files. I tried formatting the card and adding them back on, and it has started doing it again. It's small at the moment, but I am sure it will grow.

The other thing I notice about music too is that it seems to "skip" during playback. It's not really a skip, more of quick pauses. This is intermittent, but seems to be happening more and more lately. I thought that it might be because it was reading it off of the sdcard, but when I moved some of the files to internal storage I was getting the same thing.

complexx

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
Today im finding that the phone will lose (or perhaps the better way or putting it is "will forget to apply") my user settings like auto dim on brightness or use the wallpaper I have selected, or use the defined ring tone for a particular notification.

ravenlore

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
I too have this problem.

I am also running into this:

The phone seems to be deleting my mp3s off the sd card. I moved my sdcard from my og droid. And within a few days, it had deleted well over 200 files. I tried formatting the card and adding them back on, and it has started doing it again. It's small at the moment, but I am sure it will grow.

The other thing I notice about music too is that it seems to "skip" during playback. It's not really a skip, more of quick pauses. This is intermittent, but seems to be happening more and more lately. I thought that it might be because it was reading it off of the sdcard, but when I moved some of the files to internal storage I was getting the same thing.

I'm getting skipping as well. Wired headphones, not BT losing "line-of-sight" to the device

ninjataint

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
Rebooted when I opened the keyboard, progressively got worse and then so I had to do it in super slow mo or it would reboot. Brought it back (my 13 day) and got my upgrade reinstated. That was the only issue for me and I will really miss the keyboard.

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Rebooted when I opened the keyboard, progressively got worse and then so I had to do it in super slow mo or it would reboot. Brought it back (my 13 day) and got my upgrade reinstated. That was the only issue for me and I will really miss the keyboard.

I think you got a dud.

-Suntan

ninjataint

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
I think you got a dud.

-Suntan

I think so to but here was my thinking: If I get my money back while still in the 14 day period and wait to see the bionic or galaxy SII, I can probably pick up a Droid 3 for half of what I paid (via Amazon or Wirefly) by that point if I still want to go with it. I would have kept it but since I had to bring it back anyway, I did it this way.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know a work around for the voicemail password? I deleted the voicemail contact, put it back in there with my password, and it still doesn't work. If I use the speed dial or the voicemail icon, I still have to manually put the voicemail password in. I just want it to work like it did on my DX.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know a work around for the voicemail password? I deleted the voicemail contact, put it back in there with my password, and it still doesn't work. If I use the speed dial or the voicemail icon, I still have to manually put the voicemail password in. I just want it to work like it did on my DX.

Got it working through the Call Settings. So disregard my post.

NYCBest

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I've had this happen too, plugged the phone in at 30%, left it overnight and the battery actually died while plugged in. I know the plug was secure cause the phone said it was charging.

NYCBest

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Yup, I've had this happen too. But I was using a custom launcher at the time, Figured that was the problem. But maybe not. Wondering if I should exchange it.

cozz

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
2 things.

1. My screen sometimes will turn off by itself when im right in the middle of using it. It doesn't happen a lot, but it seems to be related to battery life. When I get down around 20% it'll start turning off randomly. Rather annoying. I've tried changing different settings and still am experiencing it.

2. Sometimes as im typing on the keyboard, the bar that displays the auto suggestions will remain on the screen even after im done typing and close out of the app. The bar wont go away until I actually close the keyboard. Doesn't happen all the time but too frequent for my likings

GigaFish

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Noticed something today that may just have been isolated, but was interesting anyway. I was listening to music with Winamp through headphones. I took a picture with the rear camera, and the song became extremely scratchy,quiet, and only came through one earphone. I took another picture, and it returned to normal.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38