Droid 3 must be a stable phone!

NormanGC

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I've been wondering why this forum "Droid 3" was so inactive.

I saw this post on bgr.com which quoted an article stating that the Droid 3 was the 4th best selling phone in Q3. Not bad for a phone that was only released 4 months ago!

Aging iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS still best-selling phones in Q3

I'm concluding that, based on the the popularity of the phone and the low activity on the Droid 3 forum, this phone is extremely stable! I think that the major reason for this is that the phone is NOT running 4G, the the Battery has a decent life and overall there are no real bugs in the OS to talk about!

I still love this phone!

Reactions: akhi216

enb123

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
It has gotten quite stable over time as a result of updates. I remember homescreen redraw lag was an issue for me when the phone was released, but that's gone now. Now it works brilliantly. Waiting a few months to buy a phone has its benefits, like lower prices for the phone and its accessories, bugs being worked out, etc. But you'd never know that from the blogs and forums, all of which push people to buy the newest thing, which is then immediately called "outdated" anyway.

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Yeah. Honestly, I'm not too fussed about any future upgrade to ICS, the phone works just fine as is.

I'm happy with it.

-Suntan

akhi216

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Yeah. Honestly, I'm not too fussed about any future upgrade to ICS, the phone works just fine as is.

I'm happy with it.

-Suntan

Agreed. I'd rather not ICS before all of the apps get optimized for it. I remember when I used to root to get the latest version of Android as soon as it was released only to find that hardly any of them would work properly. Being a noob, I blamed it on the ROM lol. I'll deal with Verizon-orola bloatware for now.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

e-gadget-guy

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
I agree about the droid 3 being stable. I am not sure that it will be a problem with apps once ICS is released. By that time, there will be stable apps. The biggest selling point for me was that this phone will get ICS. I hope that was right.

It is a great phone.

NormanGC

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I'm definitely waiting before upgrading to ICS. I'll let the bugs get Ironed out! Besides, what will ICS bring to this phone that I currently don't have?

I did root my phone because I wanted to extend the battery life by throttling the CPU speed when idle with Juice Defender Ultimate. I uninstalled a bunch of Verizon bloat and I am happy to report that I am consistently between 40 and 50 hours on 1 charge with the standard battery. No complaints here!

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I think that there is too big of empasis on the newest os versions. If the phone works well as it is, I wouldn't be too hard pressed to see any updates. So that is good news for Droid 3 owners that you have a stable os on such an awesome phone.