Moto's Jelly Bean Promise

vampiroth

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
So I'm sure most by now have heard that Motorola has promised to unroll Jelly bean updated on all 2011 or newer phones, and if they don't they are going to give us $99 towards a new phone (motorola of course).

I was wondering what you guys think the chances of them bringing Jelly Bean to the droid 3 are, or if we should be getting our hopes up on an upgrade? I have 2 upgrades available on my verizon account so I'm slightly looking forward to this!

Link for those who haven't seen: https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/ci/documents/detail/2/motorola-jelly-bean-rebate_en-US

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
So I'm sure most by now have heard that Motorola has promised to unroll Jelly bean updated on all 2011 or newer phones, and if they don't they are going to give us $99 towards a new phone (motorola of course).

I was wondering what you guys think the chances of them bringing Jelly Bean to the droid 3 are, or if we should be getting our hopes up on an upgrade? I have 2 upgrades available on my verizon account so I'm slightly looking forward to this!

Link for those who haven't seen: https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/ci/documents/detail/2/motorola-jelly-bean-rebate_en-US

You'll have to trade-in your DROID 3 to get the $100. Motorola can decide to credit your Verizon bill instead of mailing out a $100 gift card.

Your DROID 3 might be worth more than $100 on the open market.

Because the DROID 3 isn't getting ICS, I doubt you'll see Jelly Bean from Motorola.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

tslayer

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
I have a DROID 3 too. But we don't have ICS so don't think we will get Jelly Bean since it is based off ICS. Will need a DROID 4 for that. I think cause our phones only have 512mb of ram for phone to use is the problem. They dropped the ball on this phone an that is why the DROID 4 came out so quickly. I am hoping a announcement of a DROID 5 soon. But no info yet:(

Sent from my DROID3 using Android Central Forums

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87