Droid 4 no 4G?

kach474

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I recently acquired a droid 4 and it works well except it only will get 3g. My other 4g phones and wifes work fine in my area. I tried the airplane mode thing. Switch it app to switch between 4 and 3g also the data options switch between global and CDMA/LTE. I have wiped cache and factory reset the phone, still no 4G. I was wondering if I flashed the phone back to stock JB with RSD lite if that would work. Any other ideas would be helpful. Thanks

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AC Forums mobile app

kach474

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I have used my SIM card in my razr maxx and another droid 4 with no issue. Just that one.

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Maybe that is why the previous owner got rid of it? Could be a problem with the radio.

Posted via the totally awesome Android Central App

kach474

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I have tried two different SIM cards both that work in another phone. I flashed the phone with RSD. And I changed the SIM tray from another phone. Still no 4g. The previous owner claimed they had no issues. The phone works flawlessly just no 4g???

kach474

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Ok I may have a clue to the issue. Or its just a new one. As I said if I put a SIM card in it works ok. Phone calls, text messaging, data all work. Except 4g only 3g. I looked in the phone settings/ about phone/ status. The MEID number is there but the IMEI number is "unknown" the IMEI number is on the sticker on the back which is clear. The number still is unknown after a reset.?? Any one have an idea why this is like that? Thanks.

Posted via Android Central App

trunks527

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
I've heard of losing that number but that's in some rare cases of flashing roms. But if the number was gone I also heard nothing would work.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

kach474

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Ya I'm not sure. I got rid of the phone. So not my problem anymore. Thanks everyone.

Posted via Android Central App