To screen protect or not

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
So, I believe the subject of screen protection was broached in a cell phone case thread, but I was wondering who uses them or who doesn't.

I love a phone without a screen protector, but I am so nervous about my phones getting scratched that I give into them all the time.

I do have an Otter Box I can use if I go to the beach, or to camp or go somewhere active. I don't want to put a screen protector on, so I am torn.

Tell me what you do as far as screen protectors.

Optimus Prune

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Don't use them. Every time I've tried them, be it on a phone or tablet, I've removed them after a day or two. I just find them annoying as all get-out.

Sent from a Droid Maxx.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I don't use them, especially on a phone with gorilla glass (which this phone has). If I did do a screen protector, it would be a glass one. I hate the feel (and often the look) of screen protectors.

emanwis

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
I don't use them. I'm careful to keep my phone in a pocket by itself. So far, knock on wood, no scratches.

Posted via Android Central App with my Droid Maxx.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I always use one, generally the zagg/skinomi kind (an ordered skinomi just arrived from amazon today - I'll install probably tomorrow.) it's at the point where a phone feels weird to me without one.

jbeachy

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm new to the touchscreen world, having used a QWERTY keyboard on my BkackBerry for years, so I have no bias. After about a week without, I put on a screen protector just this afternoon. So far I don't like the added friction - just doesn't feel quite as fluid.

Posted via Android Central App

SteveL

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I'd rather not use one, but I do.
Using a screen protector my last phone lasted two years without any scratches. The screen protector started to lift, so I removed it. Within three days I had a scratch deep enough that you could feel it with your fingernail.
When I picked up the Maxx the screen protector went on that day.

18t

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
I always use them but would prefer not to. For the maxx and my gnex I've used the Verizon ones.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
A new non-corporate Verizon opened up yesterday down the street from where I work, so I had the district manager order them for me. I really don't like them, but I would be crushed if I got a scratch on my phone.

Maddog121806

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
I ended up getting the Commuter Series Otterbox with the skinomi screen protector. It took me no time at all to adapt to both. I do love the minimal approach however I also love the end result of taking good care of your phone. I was able to resale my 4s and made more than enough to cover my Maxx upgrade.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo