Camera Flash

ulnek

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
ok, i just have another concern. i have my flash on auto and i can't seem to get it to go off in "low" light. it still tries to take the pictures normally so they come out with more noise than i want. the only time it goes off is when it's really dark like you have trouble seeing with your eyes. is it supposed to be like that? light conditions that would already trigger the flash on my razr maxx, galaxy nexus and regular camera won't trigger my droid maxx's.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
It seems to be like that by default. I'm hoping the camera fix in the next update will address this but until then I just change flash to ON if needed.

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk

tcmeiss

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Do you have Auto HDR turned on? I ask because I have an iPhone 5 for work and if HDR mode is on, then it turns to flash to off. I've noticed the same thing you have about the flash not going off on my Maxx, and I'm wondering if it's not supposed to use the flash when taking an HDR pic. If that's the case and the camera is favoring HDR mode when it's set to Auto, then that might explain why we don't see the flash going off much...